Old 06-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #288 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persisistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck!
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Cool and rainy day here today but it is an inside day for me so not too bad. I think they are calling for a fairly nice weekend but you just never know because it seems like the weather forecast changes by the minute.

All is still going fairly smoothly here at Puppy Central - they need more room to run and play during the day so I need to go this weekend and check out puppy playpens that will allow them to run around and play but still stay contained.

I hope that everyone is having a great day and staying healthy!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Hope you are all doing great

This weekend is ribfest (annual thing) and that will be my biggest challenge
over the weekend. If I go to trailer (raining now) I will be on my own since
dd & her bf are heading to his cottage. Planning on eating right & walking
so hoping weather allows.

Got in 2 walks this week and tonight have a dinner to attend, so am
missing my Tops weigh in.

All - good luck at the scales!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Play pens for puppies!! Sounds like a plan. So cute. I saw them on Facebook and they are so sweet.

Ribfest sounds great. I haven't had ribs in ages. Glad you got in a couple of walks this week, Bandit. Enjoy the weekend.

My WW leader said something that helped me. Lots of people were complaining with all the social events and extra eating made this month "hard". She said, "You know what? Being overweight is hard. The feeling that you get when your jeans don't fit is hard. What it does to your head is hard." That took me back and made me want to think more carefully about what I'm eating. My dd and I pushed the stroller and baby up to the local deli at noon today. Not a long walk, but at least it was an effort. While there I thought of the best low calorie thing to buy and I avoided the high calorie foods. So, today has been good so far. I'd like to finish out the night without anything else. Maybe a cup of tea would work if I get really hungry.

Sending : to everyone. Good luck to us all!
Judy
235.6/201/180's and thinner
Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #5  

Hi turtles

Judy - yes, aren't those puppies just the cutest things? Look so cuddly, want to just give them a big hug. I love what your WW said & how true is that. Really a good thing for us to keep in mind. Great you got in a walk and are mindful of all the things that will help on your weight loss. Good for you!

My dinner was lovely & I had 1 wine and skipped dessert, so that was OK

My dd & her bf cut my big hedge at the front down today, so that is going to save me lots of work this summer. It will eventually grow back, but hopefully will be more even & look nicer then. One less summer chore!

All - lets have a great Friday!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm ready for a great Friday. thanks Bandit! Glad dd and bf cut down that hedge. My dh and I are trying to think of ways to minimize our yardwork too. Glad the kids helped out.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate my older dd's with the bunch of us. It should be a nice time. My younger dd is bringing the "birthday cake" which will be cupcakes per the birthday girl's request. I've got a simple menu and I'll practice portion control. Today is rainy which will be a good day to get some indoor things done. Did I mention I am converting photo slides to digital? It is amazing to look over all these slides and remember all the good times my family and I have had. I've converted almost 2000 of them and am closing in on the last 1/4 of the batch. Whew! I am also looking for a simple crochet project to do.

Have a great weekend and chat soon. I want to remember that although giving up snacking or grabbing foods that won't do me any good is hard....the way I feel about myself being this overweight is harder. I guess that's the other way of saying nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Just another way of looking at it.
Take care. Be well.
judy
234.6/201/180s and thinner
Old 06-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #7  

Nice to read everyones comments. All the kids are sick and I have had a fever off an on for 5 days and coughing. I am just turtlin on and trying to keep heading forward. Hope everyone keeps up the good work.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #8  
Chick

Okay Cherry, feel better soon and : that the kids get well real fast.

I had a nice with the kids and their spouses who live on LI. My dd was happy and we all had a few laughs which is great.

Food was good, could have been even better, today is definitely on the right track.

Sending to all of us to keep on keepin' on!
judy
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #9  

Morning turtles

Great weekend, lots of yard work done both places & my legs/butt are sore
from bending over which I guess was good exercise.
Lots of rain next 2 days, so will do indoor work. Ribfest was super yummy & lots of calories but I skipped the alcohol which I am sure helped.

Judy - glad you enjoyed your celebrations
Cherry - glad to see you posting & hope your family gets well soon.
Princess - how was your weekend?

So, new week ladies lets get at it and do our best
Old 06-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday!

Busy and long weekend here... I went in for a proceedure on Friday and all went well with that, the prep was pretty aweful but I heard that is normal for Colonoscopy's. All went well and although mine was very early in the day and I got home here by lunch time I took the rest of the day off and just did a few things around the house but rested for a large part of the day. Saturday and Sunday was very busy with puppies, errands, cleaning out the garage and cycle class which I did my best time and distance in a long time so felt very good about that.

Went to W/I on Saturday and was down 2.2 lbs so was happy about that and will work hard to keep that going. Got lots of salad fixins and fruit at the grocery store this weekend so the house is stocked with good things. DH went with me and had not been in a while, he had not been following the plan either - at all - so I think that he was very dissappointed when he stepped on the scale but the good part is that he went... I just hope he get serious as health and a good solid life is our over all goal and the weight loss is part of that but not eating right and no exercise is not a good way to be at all and I worry... but we can not do it for each other, it has to be our effort and choice.

Judy: Bravo on your dd birthday and you making it thru it all! Fantastic!

Bandit: You made some very good choices also! Great Job! Yeah I have been looking at our yard wondering what can be cut way back to make life easier... DH does not like to do yard work and while I don't mind there are only so many hours in a day to get it all done. Ribfest sounds fun! We have one here but I have never been - maybe that is a good thing! LOL!

Cherry: Oh Summer illnesses are not fun... best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Life: How are you doing? Tried any new recipes lately?

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #11  

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Wednesday! Half way thru the week... lovely! Was able to mow the grass yesterday after work so that is done for the week but lots of other outside chores are waiting... ugh, never seems to be an end to the "To-Do" list!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week and eating as healthy as they can and get some exercise in.

I am heading to a cycle class today after work - while i like traveling down to the Zumba class that my DS's girlfriend goes too it is a 30+ minute drive for not that great of a work out when the class is so large... I will hit my gym and cycle class instead and save the gas money I think.

Have a great day!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #12  

Morning turtles

Nice & sunny up here today, which is nice seeing we have had lots of rain.

I made a yummy recipe last night called Buffalo Cauliflower Bites &
so easy and very tasty. Good low carb side dish for sure.

I go to my Tops PRD tomorrow & will be there 2 nights, so that should be a fun getaway. It is always so motivating and inpsirational to see all these people who have been successful on their weight loss journey. One of the ladies from my chapter is graduating to KOPS and another was PRD queen last year who will be passing over the crown. And it is always fun sharing rooms, staying up late and getting to know each other better.

Been pretty good this week & have kept night time snacking under better control.

All - hope you are also having a sunny day!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. I am doing good. I need to cut back on my fast food stops. Its not showing on the scale but my bank account is not happy. Still adjusting to working a straight Mon thru Fri schedule. Some days I miss my 12 hrs other days not soo much. So I am still loosing. Yes I finally did have a little shopping trip and it added up quickly. Umm nothing new to report around here.

I am looking for a gym though. I need to get back too cooking though. Does any use have the active link thing from WW i have been eyeing it but I am wondering if it is even worth it.

For some reason my bp has been slightly elevated and i am not sure if it is because i scratched my eye and that is healing or my body is acting crazy. Lets just say I am keeping a close eye on it. Hope everyone has a good day.

Will try to check in on a regualr basis. Excuse the errors typing without glasses or contacts. LOL.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Rainy and stormy here, huge storms with hail and high winds came thru last night and this morning, but it is supposed to dry out later today so looking forward to that.

Went to Cycle class last night and got in another 70 minutes and 21 kilometers so felt really good... it is really helping me to manage a lot of personal stress that i have right now, not sure what I would do with out it to be honest.

I have TOPS tonight and WW on Saturday so we will see how it did this week... the scale is not really doing anything here at home - hoping that is not the case when I offically W/I on Saturday.

Life: I have looked at the link also but have not gotten it... for me the WW membership and my gym membership is about it for my budget but I do hear people in the meeting room talking about it and it seems to be well liked.

Bandit: Your TOPS chapter is doing so fantastic and you must be so proud! Enjoy your time at the get-away, I am sure you will learn lots of good things and come back ready to go!

Judy: How are you and your family doing? I think the storms and rain that we have had here are heading your way out there...

I have to run but have a great day all!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
So glad to see you are all contributing here and working hard at a good solid lifestyle. Love that phrase you used, Princess.

Things not quite as crazy as before, but still busy. Part of me thinks that is just life.

food good. Scale good. Can't wait to get back to where I was so I can feel as though I'm making real progress.

Life, hope your eye is better soon.

Princess, a colonoscopy isn't much fun, but it's important so I'm glad you did it.

Bandit, I'd love to know how you made the cauliflower bites.

Okay, gotta run but I'll be checking back in soon.
Regards,
Judy
234.6/200/determined to be back in onederland!