Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default New to the forum

Hi, I'm new to this section of the boards. I've noticed lately that when I go off track I completely binge. I do t think I've ever really admitted it before ANSI don't fully know why I do it. I definitely think I'm an emotional/stress eater. I'm looking forward to reading the posts on this forum and can hopefully get support and knowledge to keep my binging in check!
Ktj862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #2  
Weight Loss Expert

The first thing that helped me with my overeating was starting to overeat on healthier foods. Try to learn how to prepare low-fat dishes that will still taste good enough to you. An example for me was eating a whole bowl of rice, spinach, mushroom, tuna and tomato sauce "stew". I don't know if this is the kind a thing that would be appealing to you, but I'm sure you can come up with a few combinations of your own. This way you can keep the satiation high while bringing the caloric value down significantly. If you binge, at least do it right.
sprogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #3  
Koi Gets Healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hi!! Welcome! I'm a recovering bulimic. Nice to meet you!
If I'm not 100% focused I go completely off track, also. It's all or nothing for me, I feel like it's like that for you, also. It sucks!
koigetshealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

I understand all about the all or nothing thing... It's a constant struggle. I've found that I need to occupy my time better, not even giving myself a chance to binge eat. I do this by being around people more... I always binge in private, so if I force myself to be with others, the chances of binging are way down. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but so far it has cut down the amount of times I do it.
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

So many people with eating disorders have that all-or-nothing mentality. I do too. I have been working very hard on getting more to the middle. That seems to help me reduce cravings and keeps me from feeling guilty for eating different kinds of foods, including unhealthy ones.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote