Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #1  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Default The Cool Kids tackle July!

Hey Cool Kids!

I'm starting a new thread for our new month! We own July!

Reminder of how the thread works: it's for people trying to get out of their decade, and for maintainers who want to be here. (I think that covers everyone.) If you post here, you are, by definition, a Cool Kid, and only Cool Kids can post.

Our "theme" is to use lots of quotation marks and to have a "Share of the day" where you share anything Cool Kids share with other Cool Kids. Personal replies are welcome and encouraged.

Share of the day: DH and DD are still asleep in our hotel room. I've been for a half hour walk and had a great conversation with a friend of ours who was sitting outside the hotel lobby. I've had 2 OP vacation days--I intend to make today another one!

Happy July!

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 07-01-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Nice to have this thread because I certainly wasn't feeling very "cool" this weekend when it was in the 90's. Here in Silicon Valley, that's HOT for us!

My share of the day is that yesterday I went out to eat and managed to only have half of my cheeseburger and no french fries! Showed a small gain on the scale this morning, but it could have been so worse!

This month I should hit maintenance, which is under 155 for me. I am going to try to maintain 150-155, so even when I get to 155, I know I'll still be focused on losing to give myself a buffer.

Happy July everyone! Who is doing something fun for the 4th? We are hosting a BBQ at my house, complete with burgers, sausages, chips, and cookies! AUGH!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #3  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Nice to have this thread because I certainly wasn't feeling very "cool" this weekend when it was in the 90's. Here in Silicon Valley, that's HOT for us!
It hit a "cool" 109 over the weekend here. I had the pleasure of experiencing the dreaded "backside sizzle" that happens when you first sit in a hot car after it's been left in a parking lot. And here I thought my jeans would have protected me. That's only supposed to happen when you wear shorts!

Share of the day: I wanted to start C25K, but then my ankle decided to give out on me. After letting it rest for a little over a week, I'm going to see if it'll last during a modified walk. I think I'll call it the C25K "training wheels" edition.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I've had a bit of a crisis and I realized that a year ago, I weighed 215. And now, I'm around 245. RIDICULOUS.

I am running regularly and just eating like I'm starving. So AS OF today I am reining it in.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #5  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I'm "cool" because I successfully brushed my dog's teeth for the first time in 8 months...I know it's not weight loss related...but my puppy is so very mean and bitey when I try to brush her teeth and usually there is pain and blood involved before I give up. I stuck to it tonight though. I cornered her after her bath and held on for dear life as I shoved the tooth brush in her mouth and after about 30 seconds of not knowing if an ER trip was in my future she finally calmed down and let me do my thing.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #6  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

My share of the day is that I completed my first 5k race this weekend, and immediately signed up for my next one which is in September! I ran the first 3k without having to stop and walk, but by September I'm gonna run the whole damn thing!

It seems I'm a "runner" now?!? How did that happen?!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on completing your first 5k and signing up for your next one, purplekitten7! I'm doing my first 5k in September - cant' wait!

I've been taking a "break" - not gaining, but not losing either - from tracking and weighing everything and even posting on 3FC! I'm not ready to go back to weighing all my food yet, so my husband and I decided to do a July Whole30 and we're on day two! The whole not weighing for 30 days thing freaks me out a bit, but it'll be a fun experiment
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Good luck to all you "cool kids". My "share of the day" is that I hope July isn't as much of a "b****" as June was. All I want is to be in the 230's by the time I have my physical on July 13!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

punkrocksong - I know you didn't mention it here, but congrats on the 50 pounds down! Awesome milestone!

fadedbluejeans - *hugs*
June wasn't exactly kind to me either. So what do you say, we take July and make it our month?

My share of the day:
It's official - I have nothing left to wear.
Now that's a sentence that is usually answered with "Oh yeah? Whose clothes are you wearing then?" in my family. This time? My dad (who couldn't care less about clothes and that kind of stuff) and one of my brothers (who pretty much has the same attitude as my father when it comes to fashion) gave me a once-over and said "Weeeell, your shirts and stuff still look alright, but you really should buy some new pants."
I guess that's settled then.
Looks like I'll be in the "big city far away" tomorrow (hey, Beth said she wanted to see some quotation marks ) for the first time since October (and several pounds lighter). Who knows, maybe they sell some pants there
Munich, here I come.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #10  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
I'm "cool" because I successfully brushed my dog's teeth for the first time in 8 months...I know it's not weight loss related...but my puppy is so very mean and bitey when I try to brush her teeth and usually there is pain and blood involved before I give up. I stuck to it tonight though. I cornered her after her bath and held on for dear life as I shoved the tooth brush in her mouth and after about 30 seconds of not knowing if an ER trip was in my future she finally calmed down and let me do my thing.
I used to have this problem with my dog, then I found toothbrush gloves. They're like a thick latex glove (maybe not latex) with short plastic bristles on the pointer finger and thumb. My dog loves having his teeth brushed with these. Something about having my fingers in his mouth instead of a pokey stick is more acceptable to him.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #11  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Hi cool kids *wave*

My share of the day: I managed to run for 3 minutes during my walk tonight. Mind you, they were one minute running, one minute walking.. rinse and repeat. But I manage to do it 3 times and didn't die. Success! I'm going to try for 1.5 minutes at a time tomorrow. I want to be a runner so badly!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #12  
I can do this

Hey nagazim--that is awesome! That's how the 'ease into running' programs work--alternating walking and running until you're just running (or not, if you choose!) It's great that you're working towards your goal!

If my travel scale is to be believed (Hi Ian!), I'm in the 189.x range now! I'm going to wait until I get home and get on my regular scale before updating ticker and announcing my arrival in the new decade thread, but I'm pretty excited!

DH points out that the travel scale was consistently 1 lb high at home (true). I'm afraid to rely on that, though, because I've started following Ian's directions for weighing and I wasn't doing that at home and because I'm afraid that the airplane flight and the different tile floor are making it lie to me and I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

Have a great day, Cool Kids!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #13  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Beth, that's fantastic news!

The high today is supposed to get to 95, so unless there's a good breeze, I'll be using the gym's indoor track right after work. My ankle held up pretty well at first, but then it started to twinge really badly at the half-mile mark. Still trying to baby it, so I think I'll be doing more walking instead of jogging and see if I can do at least a mile without pain. After that, I'm hitting the weights for my shoulders and back day.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

Hello all,

My share of the day is that for over a week morning weigh-ins have started with 19- as opposed to 20-. Hoping the 190's aren't as brutal as the 200's were.

"Here's to a new decade"
Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #15  
I can do this

mygirlvj--that's wonderful! That means you are definitely in the 190s--no messing around there! The 200s are gone forever!

issaknitsI hope your ankle held up okay!

My share of the day is that someone took a picture of me and showed it to me--and I looked SO MUCH THINNER than I did in pictures at this event last year. Of course, I am 45 lbs thinner than I was at this event last year!
Closed Thread