View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
aspen13
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Thank you all! My dad is doing a lot better. The doctors and nurses are very impressed. He was even able to take a couple walks yesterday, one without a walker. He's not going to be happy if he needs to use a walker. He is 84 though and is in great shape for a man his age. The doctors think he will be able to go right back to the things he was doing. My mom, amazingly, has been holding up very well. She is scared though and told me that he can not die before her because she can not take care of herself. I keep reassuring her and letting her know that my son (14) and I are here for them. I forced them to move in with us about a year-in-a-half ago. They were not happy but I felt it was a must. I am so glad I did.

I weighed in at 151.8 this morning! I think I just might get into the 140s by next week. I can see lots of changes in my arms and shoulders this week. It's funny seeing what part of the body will lose when. Of course my hips, thighs, butt, and gut are being very stubborn. I can see lots of change in them but not as much change as the rest of my body. Well I got news for them. It's happening.

Have a great day, everyone!