Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212.5/?/145

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Gum?

I know we are only suppose to have 3 pieces of gum on program...but i chew alot of gum! I mean alot of gum! Has anyone had the program of this slowing their weightloss down?
twinkletoes75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #2  

I am chewing gum too alot more than I did before starting but I have only been on the program a week so I am curious also if it will affect my weight loss.
nicole222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #3  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry this never got any responses. This forum is really dead lately. When you posted this question originally I had an "Aha!" moment - my first half of program I always had a pink ketosis strip. Always, always. Second half - never. Not once ever again. Weight loss rate was exactly the same, but it really messed with my head (wondering if I was losing muscle or not losing as much a I could, etc.) When you asked this it occurred to me that the second half of my program was right around when I started chewing gum. I always kept it to the sugarfree five a day allowed (at the time, you say it's only three now?), but since you brought it up I couldn't help but wonder if that's what knocked me out of ketosis. So since I'm trying to lose again, and still not showing in ketosis, I refrained from any gum for two weeks before I did a weigh-in. Still not in ketosis. *shrug* Don't know what to tell you.

But each piece is 5 calories so it does add up. If you are chewing 14 a day that's the equivalent of an HNS calorie-wise! With no protein.

Last edited by Going4Fit; 07-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote