Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Waking up at 2 PM and dinner at 1 AM ??

Ok so yes, my schedule is really messed up now. Ive been on WW for about 4 months and everything is going great. But since I dont have a job anymore..I stay up really late and wake up late afternoon.

Some days are worse than others. But most importantly, I still try to get all my points in the day. For example my breakfast is @ 2 pm, my snack is always 2 hours later, and than my lunch would be @ 5-6 pm and so on! By the time I reach dinner its about 11-12 PM at night. I dont go to bed right after eating because I've gotten into the cycle of staying up until 4am sometimes 5!!

Is there anything wrong with this? Will my diet be effected? Im eating the same amount of points and doing everything the exact same. I do not get exercise throughout the day like usual. If you have read my other thread it will state that I am planning on exercising later..just not now.

I watched Dr.Oz say that the body doesnt know what time it is..as long as you get your nutrients throughout the day than you should be fine...what do you guys think?

I feel bad for staying up late and sleeping in...have to get out of the toxic cycle soon. As for any changes, I cant necessarily notice that Ive gained weight because of it! Im pretty much losing about 2lbs/week as usual

Last edited by Krissypants29; 07-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

You're totally fine! I did IF (intermittent fasting) with WW to control the late night cravings I'd get because no matter what I would just get crazy hunger cravings. So with IF/WW, I'd eat my first meal 4pm and stop eating around 12-1am so you're basically doing the same thing unintentionally.

Why feel bad about staying up late and sleeping? If you're doing what you need to do in your life and you feel like it isn't affecting you in your everyday life then I say it is okay. There are times where I happen to go to bed at 3 or 4am, although I try not to sleep past noon, lol.

Anyway, enjoy the 2lbs a week while you can!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

My day is very similar to yours...no job here either I try and try and try to get my day to resemble that of a normal person, but my body just does not want to rest until about 3-4am. Even when I try to "reset" my sleep schedule, it will last for a few days until I'm back to staying up really late and sleeping in until 11am-12pm.

I'm switching from WW to calorie counting (I found I needed just a bit more structure), but I'm using the principles I learned while on weight watchers to help. I don't think the time frame matters too much, but I do find that it is harder to resist eating later in the evening. I've started eating much lighter in the early part of my day to save the bulk of my calories for later in the evening. I try to use those calories on things like lean proteins and vegetables, too, so that it's more satisfying when I eat.

I actually wrote something like what Amandie pointed out in my blog, where I noticed some unintentional diet habits I was practicing without even realizing it. Intermittent Fasting and Low Carb. I like the "full" feeling I get without snacking too much in between meals, and I noticed higher carb foods have higher calories. It was interesting to know that I was adopting habits I had originally balked at lol!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post
My day is very similar to yours...no job here either I try and try and try to get my day to resemble that of a normal person, but my body just does not want to rest until about 3-4am. Even when I try to "reset" my sleep schedule, it will last for a few days until I'm back to staying up really late and sleeping in until 11am-12pm.

I'm switching from WW to calorie counting (I found I needed just a bit more structure), but I'm using the principles I learned while on weight watchers to help. I don't think the time frame matters too much, but I do find that it is harder to resist eating later in the evening. I've started eating much lighter in the early part of my day to save the bulk of my calories for later in the evening. I try to use those calories on things like lean proteins and vegetables, too, so that it's more satisfying when I eat.

I actually wrote something like what Amandie pointed out in my blog, where I noticed some unintentional diet habits I was practicing without even realizing it. Intermittent Fasting and Low Carb. I like the "full" feeling I get without snacking too much in between meals, and I noticed higher carb foods have higher calories. It was interesting to know that I was adopting habits I had originally balked at lol!
Awesome Im the same way..when I do get into a schedule or try to, I always end up going to bed super late..or "early" technically even if I am tired!! Thanks for the reply

Also Ive heard many people go from the WW to the fitnesspal ... basically just counting calories instead. Its whatever works for you I guess...and whatever is easier. Congrats..I personally find counting points easier but than again that could change later!!

Last edited by Krissypants29; 06-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
You're totally fine! I did IF (intermittent fasting) with WW to control the late night cravings I'd get because no matter what I would just get crazy hunger cravings. So with IF/WW, I'd eat my first meal 4pm and stop eating around 12-1am so you're basically doing the same thing unintentionally.

Why feel bad about staying up late and sleeping? If you're doing what you need to do in your life and you feel like it isn't affecting you in your everyday life then I say it is okay. There are times where I happen to go to bed at 3 or 4am, although I try not to sleep past noon, lol.

Anyway, enjoy the 2lbs a week while you can!
Yah technically I am eating all the right things in the proper spacing just not at the normal times LOL...and what do you mean about intermitent fasting? I should look this up! Generally because I snack between meals, I dont really get hungry so I dont have to worry about late night snacking..or early morning snacking in my case LOL..but lately I have been craving spaghetti like NO tomorrow!!!! I used to eat it all the time but pretty much cut it out of my diet...I know you can eat whatever you want as long as its within your points but I noticed when I do eat it, I literally gain a pound for a day. I think my body just stores carbs drastically!

Last edited by Krissypants29; 07-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.