Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default What are you looking forward to (at goal weight)?

I made a list for my husband recently about some things I was looking forward to experiencing at goal weight and thought it might be fun to see what other people have on their 'lists'!

* Going on an airplane without stressing that I'll need a seat belt extender
* Sitting in a chair without worrying that I'll break it (yes, I've broken a chair at someone's house before by sitting in it!)
* Being able to sit in a chair and CROSS MY LEGS!
* I love to exercise, so the thought of all the physical things I'll be able to do at goal is super motivating
* Shopping!!!
* Swimming in a swimsuit instead of a t-shirt and shorts
* Not worrying about what people might be thinking about me/judging me as the heaviest person in the room at social gatherings (I am very self-conscious!)

These are just a few of my things...what about yours?
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #2  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

* Not putting so much stress on my knees and ankles
* Seeing some weight-related health issues go away
* Being stronger than I currently am
* Being able to run longer and faster than I do now without being out of breath
* Sitting comfortably in a movie theater
* Clothes shopping!

Can I add a side-list to this? Things I Currently Never Thought I'd Look Forward To:

* Early morning grocery shopping to see all the new veggies and fresh meat being stocked
* Trying new things
* Going to the gym
* Looking through music for the sole purpose of putting together workout playlists
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #3  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Not having this role around my stomach !
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Health benefits aside, not being the fattest person in a group was high on my list. And not being judged when eating something in the car! LOL - like anyone who sees me when I'm driving by eating a cookie even cares!

I would never go out in public in sweat clothes or looking like I didn't care about how I looked. For example, I'd never stop at the store straight from the gym for fear that someone would just think I was a big slob. Now I assume they think I'm coming from the gym! Attitude is everything.

And I distinctly remember the day I realized I was crossing my legs. I was at my brother's house and it hit me - bonk! I may have done it prior to that day, but that was when I really noticed it. It felt really good.

Good luck with all of this - you'll do great.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

*Being able to cross my legs again!
*Wearing a bikini at the beach!
*Going out with friends and not feeling like the fat friend!
*Being able to wear shorts or dresses without my legs rubbing together and getting a rash (that's the absolute worst!)
katevangogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Right now I'm looking forward to getting my tummy tuck so I can wear a bikini and other form-fitting clothes without the stomach roll!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

I just want to fit into the darn pants I bought last summer. That will be around 175-180 lbs. I think.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  

linJber, I totally know what you mean. I always feel self-conscious if I eat desserts in public, and definitely, if I'm in a room full of thin people (like at holiday family gatherings) I feel almost paralyzingly self-conscious. My husband told me that I'm just paranoid and that no one's thinking about me/judging me, but having never been obese, he doesn't understand how it really feels sometimes!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I don't have a goal weight set but I've started over and over so many times and had so many things I wanted to be able to do when I lost the weight, but this time I HAD to lose weight or go buy more clothes. So first I want to be able to get into things I had bought the last time I started losing.
There are many many things I'm looking forward to being different but really, just wearing smaller clothing AND being able to find things that fit is on the top of my list right now.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #10  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Well, I've already crossed a few things off my list; I can pretty comfortably fit in restaurant booths now - I don't have that paralyzing fear of not fitting into the booth and having to ask for a table!

* Wearing a swim suit - it's probably been 20 years since I've worn one and I'm not even 35 yet
* Not worry about flying
* More clothing choices
* Comfortably crossing my legs
* Feeling comfortable showing my legs - most of my loss has been in my stomach and arms...my legs still look like dueling piggies in pants.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I would love to wear sleeveless tops and dresses and know my arms are not flapping in the wind. I would like to put on a pair of stilletos and feel sexy. I would like to wear shorts in public. Finally, I want to get rid of two rolls around my middle and feel comfortable in form fitting clothes.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/?/135

Height: 5'8"

Wearing high heels, corsets, and other sexy feminine clothing.. I dress very Tom boyish because I feel goofy in pretty clothes

My thighs not touching...

Traveling to a foreign country and not being the "average fat american"

Not having a phobia of cameras, I literally run and hide when I see someone getting ready to take a picture... Sucks because I would like to start a photoalbum to remember parts my life

Last edited by Odd Duck; 06-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Odd Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

crossing my legs was a big one. I still sometimes am amazed that I can cross my legs and sit comfortably.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

- Walking into any department store and finding clothing in my size....and, it won't be a tiny little department tucked over in a corner by the maternity clothing!
- Having the choice of going for a pedicure or giving one to myself
- Being on my feet all day at an amusement park or shopping and not feeling like my feet are broken
- Having the stamina to work in the yard all day, clean the garage or clean the whole house
- Maybe coming off of the diabetes and blood pressure meds

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-30-2013 at 11:14 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #15  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Looking forward to not ever hearing someone ask me am I pregnant again
My knees and my lower back not hurting most days
Being able to cross my legs at the thigh (no stomach in the way)
Not having the extra rolls around my back and sides
Not having the wire under my bra kill me because it is on top of my stomach
Not being a diabetic anymore if that is possible, no more Met.

JessLess I have a ton of clothes from 3 years ago when I got down to 165. I look forward to wearing them again

Francis123 I know what you both mean. Because I did lose most of the weight 3 years ago I have an elderly Aunt that always reminds me of how healthy I use to eat and how small I was. Her daughters 4 of them ages 41-70 are all in good shape so I guess that why she criticizes me It'll be nice not to hear that at a family gathering ever again (or should you be eating that?)
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote