Old 06-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 6 (June 24/13 - June 30/13)

Week 5 is complete. We struggled again this week. But that was not helped by the difficulty in logging onto the 3fatchicks site- mal wear, server error etc.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 7.4 lbs or 0.23% . We lost 2 members so we are at 16 members now.

Our Biggest Loser:
Novus (- 1.6 lbs, 0.89%)

Honourable Mentions:
SuperHeroTeacher (-1.7 lbs, 0.76%)

ChangerGirl (-1. lbs, 0.64%)

MamaP (-1.2 lbs, 0.49%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work!

It's hard work. Embrace it and you will be rewarded with change.

GO RED
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Nice job, Novus, Superheroteacher, Changergirl and MamaP!

Eh, up again this week, so I used a freebie. Maybe this week will be my losing week.

Superheroteacher, yes it's pretty amazing how the Medifast has changed how I think about food. I still struggle with portions (especially snacks), but yeah, now a cheat is too many nuts, or a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. I've actually switched to almond butter for now - it has less power over me than Jif.

I'm currently giving Bulletproof coffee for breakfast & skipping my am snack a trial run. Even if I don't lose any weight, it's freaking delicious, and I feel like I'm cheating with every sip. I usually giggle when I take the first sip, it's so rich and yummy.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #3  

Good morning. Happy Tuesday, it is Tuesday right?
My days are all muddled, with the city in a state of emergency. Kids are off school but will go in a half day on Thursday to clean out desks & lockers, pick up report cards etc.
the half- marathon race I'm supposed to run on Sat. has been cancelled. My friend and I will run the race in our neighborhood as we don't want to keep our training up over the summer (yes- we're lazy) lol.
Otherwise, while eating has not been OP- not sure if I have a plan anymore- portion sizes have been good, so my weight has been steady.

It is a paradigm shift when you think back to how you ate before your lifestyle change. I was a binge eater. Actually I still am a binge eater, but when I allow myself to eat a whole package of something- usually chips- I choose something healthier like popcorners or chee-cha puffs, where the total calories for the package is ~500. Not ideal, but better.
Being aware and present makes a big difference.
Have a great day all!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to our Biggest Losers this week: Great job to Novus, Superheroteacher, Changergirl and MamaP!

Well Dahlia was out of town on business, and I was just bozo crazy and we both missed weigh in. We usually even remind each other but we got too bozo busy for that even. Last Tuesday my refrigerator gasped its last breath (thankfully, I hated that side by side)....except I wasn't too happy -- I had just bought meat from costco, and you know how that goes -- I had to start cooking some of it and then get ice and the ice chests, and there was some other stuff going on and .....

well Mel it's interesting you brought up how we used to binge, because last week I got stressed out and just went off track and dived head first into carbs and didn't even get it together and get back on low carb until Satuirday.

Also, about wednesday I started getting itchy, and as the week and my bad eating progressed I was breaking out in hives.....

Soooo long story should be much shorter (sowwy about that), but I pulled myself together and got back on track on Saturday and then I hit the wall from changing back over from burning glucose to burning fat -- it gives flu like symptoms.....and that lasted until Sunday night, and then I started feeling good again, and I am back on track.

I had put on about 7 pounds in 3 days though.....yes you read that right...and I've already lost a fiew.

So new refrig arrived about thursday, and got it repacked, and I'm just so relieved to be back.....I felt MIA from ya'all.

I need a Red Team HUG!

Oh, and let's all remember to drink our water. The one bad habit from my sugar/flour binge was that I've been drinking lots of diet pepsi instead of water, so I need to drink more water.

Night all.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone.
Hoe everyone is doing well since it is SO quiet. I hope that means that everyone is outside moving their bodies & enjoying life.

I wanted to share a blog post which resonated with me. Rita at fitblogger wrote
Thin is not the goal

Elizabeth- it is interesting how easy it is to turn to food when life gets out of control. It's an automatic response.

Riddy- what is Bulletproof coffee? Curious...

Be kind to yourselves and have a great day
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

Yup, it's a busy week for sure.

Mel, you can google it and find the creator's website. It's basically single origin coffee, a couple tablespoons unsalted grassfed butter, and a tablespoon or 2 of MCT oil, whizzed in the blender til it's frothy like a latte. I add cocoa powder and stevia. He says all the negative effects of coffee are from mold toxins on the beans. Of course he sells his own coffee and MCT oil. The MCT oil is supposed to boost your brain power. It's certainly satisfying and delicious. Like I've said, I'm willing to try anything that isn't dangerous to break this stall. Drinking this is enjoyable at the very least.

I tried a longer run today to get ready for my 4 mile race on the 4th. I kept my pace right around 13 minute miles and made it 3.5 miles, so I'm pleased. But my OTHER hip flexor started aching about 2 miles in. Guess I need to be more diligent about icing for the next week. I'm working the weekend, but hope to run Saturday after work and 1 more time on Tuesday before the race.

Happy Thursday, team!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I really thought that it would be easier to keep up with challenges in the summer. It's totally not. Last weekend I wasn't home all weekend, except to sleep. I need to start weighing Friday morning, just in case. My weight isn't budging, but I've started doing speed work and stairs workouts, so my poor muscles are still adjusting. I'm hoping this week or next to start seeing my weight drop again.

In the meantime, I'm finally starting to really see the difference in my body. My brand new size MEDIUM Sparkle Skirts came, and I did a side by side pic. I've only lost around 15 lbs in the past 6 months, but it looks like a much bigger difference to me.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Nikel - I also thought summer was going to be easier... not the case at all! Yay for new sizes... and I agree those pics look like more than 15 lbs apart.

Unfortunately I have fallen off track these last two weeks. I haven't been watching what I am eating, although I think enough of my good habit stuck that I haven't gained weight. I had a goal to fit into a size 12 dress I bought that wouldn't zip when it arrived in the mail, and I wore it proudly on awards night. Fitting the dress in time was my main motivation and once it zipped I didn't feel any urgency and I think that is when my motivation started slipping. So now I need a new goal to get me going again.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Nicole -- the pics look great....

I agree that for some reason I'm having a harder time this summer than I did in the spring challenge. One of the things I'm not doing well is planning ahead to have the right foods I need to have ready to eat, or ready to take to work.

Bleah.....well let's keep on trying......we never give up!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #10  

It's a new day - just keep trying. Don't have to be perfect aim for 80% of the time OP and goals can be reached.

Nickel- that is more than a 15 lb difference. The scale lies! You look fabulous. We are running the half around our neighborhood tomorrow (since our race was cancelled) and it may be warm enough to try out my skirt. I usually wear capris.

Rated- yay for the dress zipping. Any pics you want to share?

Riddy- thanks for the info. I buy my coffee from a farmer in Kona, HI. Now I just need a nice espresso machine to do it justice. Currently use a French press. My new treat I enjoy on occasion is a Cafe Misto: espresso, hot water & steamed milk. It's lighter than a latte or mocha. Sorry to hear about your hip flexor issues. Does foam rolling help with them like it does for IT band issues? I've never done it, heard it hurts like a SOB, but works- or so I've read.

Okay, we're taking the kids out for breakfast, so I need to rouse them from their beds.
Have a great day ladies, drink your water & be kind to yourselves.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #11  
Nicole

I went ahead and weighed in this morning, just in case I get busy and forget again this weekend. The scale is finally moving in the right direction again.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

Nikel, you look fantastic! Sure looks like more tan 15 pounds difference. May I ask what your waist measurement is? You can pm it if you don't want to post it. I'm looking at the sparkle skirts website,and while I'm a solid size 10, my waist is 36", so I'm not sure about medium or large.

Rated, hang in there. If having a specific goal helps, then definitely set another one, or go buy something a little too tight.

Mel, I need to use the foam roller more. The trainer told me to get the blunt edge of it right under the muscle and gently roll side to side. He also gave me a modified downward dog that gets in to the hip more. I'm icing them as I type - it helps a lot when I remember to do it.

Off to bed - I have to work all weekend.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #13  
Nicole

Riddy - I'd say it depends on how you like your compression clothes to fit. I prefer mine to be on the tighter side, and right now I'm pretty much in between M & L. The M is still a tiny bit tighter than I'd like, but I was finding myself having to pull the larges up during runs.

I got a L when I had a 39" waist and was a size 18. I'm mostly a 14 now and have a 36" waist.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #14  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I've been skating at the near edge of On Plan for most of this month. I've really got to get back on track. After weighing in last Friday at 178.8, I then bounced around in the low 180s the rest of the week. And even though my official weigh-in day is Friday, this week I waited and logged my Saturday weigh-in so my gain would only be 0.8. *le sigh* Where did my motivation go?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #15  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Just posted my weigh in this week. Only down 1.4 pounds. My weight loss is slowing significantly despite being 100% on plan and increasing amounts (and intensity) of exercise.