South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Friday SBD Chat, June 28

Good Morning

I don't ever seem to have anything much interesting or new to say here but it's so important to me to check in and say hello. Our consistency here is truely the foundation of my continued success with SBD.

Today, I stay home. My goal is to finish the part of the wedding flowers which requires all the supplies, etc, to consume my dining room table. Other than that, I'll make my food plan for the day and stick with it AND get my 15 minute home exercise routine in.

It's been very hot and yesterday by the time I felt like napping in the afternoon the upstairs was too hot for comfort. This old house has an old fashioned air conditioning system...I need to get downstairs and get the doors open while it's cool and then close everything up before it's hot air I'm letting in. These past years have been hotter than ever up in our little mountain town and I don't see that changing much.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and chat

I'm headed down for coffee and firing up that air conditioner.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and I'm joining you with my coffee.
I have trouble once in a while coming up with something interesting to say, too, but as long we check in, that's the important thing.

It's hot and sticky here already today, and more severe storms are predicted for later. This is starting to get a bit old. *sigh* We've had strong storms every single day for over a week, and the ground just can't hold any more. I had a pretty tricky drive trying to get home yesterday with so many roads flooded out and closed.

So today I have the usual laundry and house tidying, then I have to go over to Dad's to help him with some paperwork. I'd love to get in some pool time, but the weather isn't going to cooperate so maybe tomorrow.

How's your day looking?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Debbie and Linda and all who follow.

I leave for Alaska one week from today!!!! Of course it is way too early to be awake there.

Found a tick crawling on me when I took my sleep shirt off to weigh myself this morning. Eek. First one from hiking at our "go to" location. I guess I'll need to strip the bed today, even though we just washed the sheets a few days ago, or I'll be itching all night just wondering what other ticks might be in there.

Working out with my mom and trainer today. Then running more errands, returning stuff this time. The heat wave supposedly has broken here.

Have a great day.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and TGIF. Debbie, I try to do the same thing but my old house does have an AC. It has been on in the afternoons this past week.

Of course it's raining this morning! Today is the day I road-run picking up the first lot of school entries for the Fair. I'm taking big plastic bags and my raincoat. I hope to have it all done by noon and moved upstairs in the Fair Hall. Sorting will be next week, I think.

Donna is coming to clean this morning when I'm gone so I am looking forward to coming home to a spiffed up house. I just may get some quilting done later today - if I can remember how. It's been a while.

Strawberries and yogurt are calling me. Have a great day.

ETA: Hi, Linda and Karen. Yes, it IS important to check in - even a will do it. Linda, you sound as wet as we are. Has Lake Baxter formed out back. Karen, I sure can feel your excitement about Alaska. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks! It is POURING out right now; makes me glad I spent those hours in the yard yesterday. I now have perennials that are visible (as opposed to being buried in weeds), DH did a little tree pruning, etc. I planted a few new flowers earlier this week and the silver lining is with all the rain I haven't needed to water them.

Today is inside cleaning and more laundry. I will be gone over the weekend for a family thing and Monday I get my knee done so I that gives me motivation to keep focused. I don't think I will be pushing a vacuum next week.

Time for more coffee.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another heavy rain night and I woke up to the new screen house about to buckle from all the water. It was just too much too fast. What's the best way to root small aloe plants? When the corner of the roof came down it hit the pot and two of the smaller plants were sliced off. I'm thinking just stick them in a sandy succulent mix once I buy a new pot?

I am supposed to meet a friend I haven't seen in 10 years this afternoon. Hopefully her flight out of CA will be on schedule. I need some coffee right now. I'll be back later, internet permitting
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - I think I remember doing that with the aloe plants, hope it works for you.

Wow, y'all are chatty in here this AM! I was lucky enough to lounge in bed until 7 AM (!!!) since I don't work until 2 pm. I'm with Linda and Debbie, I often don't have much exciting to talk about here, but somehow it's always fun to check in and part of my morning routine.

It has stormed here pretty badly too - many of my clients called yesterday to cancel because of flooding, and my boss had ankle deep water downstairs at my work as well (not much down there, gratefully). There's even a video on the web of a funnel cloud that was on our way home from the sitters (darned, daddy went the other way!) that I don't think turned into a tornado. Gratefully, our house didn't flood.

Today I hope to go garage saleing with the kids a bit, then maybe a walk (I was going to hike, but I'm sure everything is flooded out...), then off to work.

Have a great day!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-28-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I agree with you Debbie I don't lead a very exciting life but it is important to check and say hello, something mental a check point I guess.

Karen I agree I would be stripping the beds as well for peace of mind, you will have to share a picture or two of your trip to Alaska

Wfh today so I can go to DD2 VBS celebration at lunchtime. I think next week will be a slow week at work so I am happy about that.

Okay gotta run for the 8 a.m. call, Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I am in agreement. I feel like Bill Murray in Ground Hog's Day. I look forward to hearing about everyone's days even if they are like mine Checking in is critical for me. I worry if I get lax I will slack off with SB too.

Today's exciting day consists of.......I don't know haven't given my day any thought yet lol.

Welcome to our new chicks If you are reading this, you can see how checking in helps. Good luck
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #10  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just checking in

We're hot and sticky here, too, and are supposed to have "scattered thunderstorms" every day for the next week. Why are weatherpeople never wrong when it's bad news?

Today is an errands-running and house-cleaning day for me: pick up a prescription, laundry, generally picking up. I still haven't done spring cleaning!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just so you know, it's raining. I am building an Ark!

I'm just back from running around the Township gathering Fair schoolwork but it's staying in the car for now since we are in a deluge. This afternoon, I am going to be at a doggy "funeral" - neighbours Liz and Moel had to put down their wee Yorkie this morning. We are very sad. Jazz will miss his little playmate. "Kirby" will be burried high on the cliff overlooking the Fairgrounds.

Hey - just checked the weather and it's supposed to be nice for tomorrow and Sunday. I hope that applies to most of us.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Howdy strangers! Long time no see. Well I figured out my computer problem- a bum hard drive! So I had that replaced and I'm good to go. Until something else breaks

Ruth- I'm sorry about the puppy funeral! Kirby, I'm sure, will find my dog Ellie on the rainbow bridge- she was hit by a van a few days ago.

I'm about ready to pass out- long day- had to cover for the receptionist until 5, when I'm usually off at 3:30. I'm delicate like that I just wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm back on the interwebs now.

Have a great rest-of-Friday!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

BAH!!! I am back!!!!!!!!

In 4 weeks, I've gained 12 pounds. None of these "migrane," "high fiber" or "anti-inflammatory" work for me. Nor does a combination.

Back to Ph1 tomorrow for 5 days. Then, I am going to insert principles of anti-inflammatory as long as they work and don't trigger cravings (for instance, pineapple is very good for anti-inflammatory but is high in sugar).

So, as long as you don't mind my being slightly off plan, imma back!!! If you will have me...
Closed Thread