Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/tracker/150

Height: 6'0''

Default easy meal ideas?

I am relatively new to being a vegetarian (around 2 months). I am also the worlds worst cook.

Does anyone have any easy meal ideas? Or maybe knows of something that has easy recipes to follow??
cgd413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #2  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

I remember reading about an easy recipe on the Australian vegetarian society website about mixing a can of lentils and a jar of pasta sauce and heating it up in the microwave or a saucepan. Boil some wholegrain or veggie pasta to go with it.
Another easy meal is to get a can of baked beans (don't know if other countries have them) and spread them out on a couple slices of bread and bake it.
It's easy to turn most recipes vegetarian by simply adding beans or lentils instead of meat.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 277/156/140ish

Height: 5'5

My favorite easy meal is a salad with brown rice, black beans, lettuce, tomatoe, corn, cheese and avocado. Yum yum. Also veggie quiche are pretty easy.
sweetpeas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

A raw mono meal is the easiest I know of. A large amount of one fruit such as bananas or watermelon.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Soups/chilis/stews are great, salads, stir fry (with no rice or noodles), zucchini or squash noodles with sauce, quiche/egg dishes are the first things that come to mind.

The easiest thing for me has been to make a lot of dishes (especially soups/chilis/stews) and freeze them in 1-1.5 cup portions for another day.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Default easy peasy

hi -- for lunch today (I have a microwave in my office) I had a baked potato, split and reheated with a topping of eggplant/spinach/tomato sauce casserole I made the other night. (Yum. Planning to have it tomorrow too!)
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

When I learned how to cook I used Mark Bittman's how to cook everything . Now that I'm a vegetarian I have moved on to other books but Mark Bittman now has a veggie version of that cook book. I would try that as a nice starting base to learn how to cook.

Easy ideas also include bean salads and don't forget about things like peanut butter and jelly and premade hummus etc. Best of luck to you!
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #8  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi!

I stick with random salads - wild rice, leftover potatoes, lettuce, any kind of diced raw veg, jarred veggies (including eggplant or artichauke, the marinade is often tasty as a dressing) with a bit of chicken breast that I"ll make easy in a crock pot on Sundays.

I also recommend different curries/stews. Affordable, easy to make in bulk.

I have a veggie omelet every day...
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote