Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #1  
Cannon712

S/C/G: 199/195/170

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Hoping to achieve weight loss goal but has no support

I've been trying to motivate myself to lose at least 20 pounds..I've gained a lot of weight due to the depo shot and now that I'm off it I'm trying to lose weight..I'm 195 and this is the most I've ever weighed in my life I'm starting to feel self conscious now because of my weight...I was always confident about my body but now I just find myself crying because I think I'll never have my body back again..I'm striving towards my weight lost goal..its been very hard because I have no one to motivate me and tell me that its going to be okay...if anyone out there reads this can you please give me support thanks soo much
Cannon712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #2  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

You can do this!

How long have you been off the depo shot?
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #3  
PCOS Cyster/SBD Eater

S/C/G: 246.4/Ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

I just got off the depo shot too. I am new here also and am looking for support. Maybe we can support each other?

I am 26. Currently 243lbs and my overall goal is to get to 145ish. Started the south beach diet this past monday and am excited to finally start my journey to a healthier me.
Brit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs MG 158 GW 115

Height: 5"0

my husband tells me he loves who I am and it doesnt matter how much I weigh...i want to punch him sometimes... cause its like depressing when you think about it.. when you have the perfect body you want someone to love you for you.. but when your a chub like me you want someone to be drooling over you lol....
my advice is be your own support....think positive thoughts... and if you need support come here... its always better to get those motivational words from others that can feel your pain rather than the skinny mini who has no idea what its like to hate being in your own skin....
sometimes i motivate myself reading others success stories.. you should try it, it really helps you think that it is possible and keeps you on track
BridgetA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #5  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

I am rather new here but can tell you that you will find much support here.

Besides this board, I have found my fitbit to be a huge motivator. You might want to check out the fitbit website. I have the fitbit one and highly recommend it. I am eating real food, exercising (exercising a ton), drinking lots of water, and even enjoying a treat a day (I will have a Schwan's ice cream cup or bar or a snow cone). I am slowly and steadily losing the weight and I am feeling so much better about myself.

You CAN do this!! Go kick some behind!!
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #6  
Cannon712

I want to thank you guys so much for the responses..I'm feeling way better now that I read them I know I can push myself to do this
Old 06-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #7  
Cannon712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit3 View Post
I just got off the depo shot too. I am new here also and am looking for support. Maybe we can support each other?

I am 26. Currently 243lbs and my overall goal is to get to 145ish. Started the south beach diet this past monday and am excited to finally start my journey to a healthier me.

Yes that would be great if we support each other..hey did you notice any changes since you've been off depo so far? I've dropped 5 pounds so far I'm guessing this is a good start..while I was on depo I couldn't lose any pounds no matter how hard I tried
Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/278.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Default I Can Relate

I'm trying to lose weight and have no support either. I come from a family where food is love and the more butter, the more love. My co-workers (most of whom are overweight as well) think I'm nuts when I say I'd rather sit and read a book during lunch break instead of indulging in the heavy fatty catered lunch or going for fast food. I used to laugh when people said "you've gotta have support" and blah blah blah. I though I was support enough for myself, but having someone in this thing with you is a definite motivator.
I'm new here, but I'm here for you. Good luck!
BookieMonster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #9  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

You'll find a lot of support and advice here. It's not quite the same as having someone physically there and going through things with you, but it helps a ton. If you have questions or just want to vent, the people here are great for both.

I'm the kind of person where a website like this helps me more than people in my life. The less I tell them, the better things go for me.

Good luck with everything - I think you came to the right place!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #10  

I am so glad to hear you got off depo. Almost everyone I know has gained weight on that shot! Some people I know gained more than 50 lbs when they were on it! I hope you find a less drastic birth control method! Maybe a low dose bc pill from now on. One of those progestin only ones or the copper IUD. I don't know just throwing ideas out there.

Good luck!! You can do it!
onalongmission is offline   Reply With Quote