Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Default One butt cheek bigger than the other!!! :( help!!!

i was just checking my squats progress in my mirror and i noticed that my left butt cheek is bigger than the right one the right one is basically flat and i'm so shocked that i didn't noticed it before.
i have no idea how this happened and have no idea how to reverse this.
if anyone has been in a similar situation please share advice, thoughts or suggestions on which exercise i should do.
i'm not sure if i should isolate the left side and workout only with my right side or what? i'm so confused about this. usually i do squats, leg and butt exercise with resistant band and i walk a lot.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #2  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

My boyfriend told me the other day that my right cheek is bigger than the left, he said itīs not a big difference, but if you look closely you can see it. I run and do some workout dvds, but really don’t know why this happened or how to reverse it so I can’t give you tips but at least you know you’re not the only one!
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I've notice my left thigh is bigger than my right, or at least it has more cellulite than the other.. but I have one leg slightly longer than the other so I think that's the cause. I haven't closely checked that area but I know it's big and there's nothing flat here LOL
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #4  

I have one calf that is shaped slightly different than the other, and I have a crease/dimple on one butt cheek that is not on the other. I have one leg slightly shorter than the other, and I am guessing that is the cause. I'm hoping as I continue to lose, the differences will fade.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #5  

Please everyone, did anyone manage to fix this problem? I'm going to the coast soon and it is very noticeable with my bikini I am not overweight/do not have cellulite/etc... completely normal besides my butt!

Last edited by Aliki; 07-31-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Aliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

no, i'm still working on it but i think for me there is no help :/
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I have one that is rounder than the other, which is boxy. They've stayed that way through all of my weight fluctuations, so I think I may just have to live with it.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #8  

You could be unconsciously working your left side more than your right - maybe leaning more to your left side while doing squats, or doing deeper or longer lunges on the left side than the right.

Also, if you do things in a certain sequence, you could inadvertently be causing your left side to work more than the right. For example, when I do Brazilian Butt Lift, they do a sequence where you balance on one leg and lift the other with a resistance band for about 4 minutes. The leg I stand on first gets more of a workout than the other leg, so I change which leg I start with every time I work out.

Also, your legs may be different lengths (actually pretty common, I hear) which would put different stress on each side of your body, causing the muscles to build differently. If this is the case, you can get shoe inserts to solve the problem.

Also...and I have nothing to back this up other than knowing that if you put constant pressure on an area of the body, it will affect how it looks (think of women who have been squeezing into jeans two sizes too small for years - know how they seem to be especially disproportionate? and also corset training makes the waist smaller, everything else remaining the same)...maybe you are sitting or laying solely on your right side?

Last edited by lbsgobyebye; 08-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.
lbsgobyebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #9  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

My problem is not my buttcheeks, its my ARMS! I dont know what is happening, but I'm talking about two inches LARGER than the left!!
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I also have uneven butt cheeks. I think the problem for me is that when I sit down, I place most of my weight on my right side, since I am right dominant. Doing squats has just lifted the cheeks up a bit and not really changed the fat distribution. I'm been consciously shifting my weight to the left when I sit, to even them out. I haven't been doing it long enough to notice a change, but I hope that works.

I even notice the difference when I'm lying in bed. My right side slopes down more. It's so funny.
megmix is offline   Reply With Quote