Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/316/160

Height: 5'4"

Question food on my mind

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody else thinks about food ALL the time. From the moment I wake up, and throughout the whole day Im thinking about what my next meal will be. Even when Im not hungry! Has anybody else had this? What did you do to help control your thoughts?
vatermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #2  

I think about food FAR too often. I think it comes from calorie counting. I'm pretty sure if I had never started dieting, I wouldn't think about food.
I know what you mean, though I'm not sure how to stop doing it.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/ticker/164

Height: 5'8"

I thought about food all day when I was bingeing (binging?) more, and I think about it all day now that I'm on WW and counting points - but I figure that even if obsessing about it isn't healthy, it's probably healthier to obsess about eating the RIGHT stuff than obsessing about when the next time I can eat a whole bag of doritos without anyone noticing is.
robotfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/228/175

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I think about food all the time. I "look forward" to what I can eat. It's like now that I'm overweight - I am obsessed with it. When I was thin I never thought twice about what I ate. Oh the joys of being middle aged!

Congrats robotfingers! I am stuck in the 220's. Would LOVE to be under 200 again someday.

I confessed this to my co-worker (who is also overweight and overeats) and she said "get busy". So I try to get up and do something. Cleaning always helps me. There is always something in my house that needs cleaning!

Last edited by gingercat; 06-14-2013 at 02:19 PM.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #5  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Heck yeah! I find myself thinking about food constantly, especially if there's something tempting me in the house. Thankfully, usually just a small taste will curb my craving and I'm done thinking about it. But, I also think about my next meals all the time, even days ahead. Especially if I have something special planned. You're not alone, lots of us do it! Most of the time it's what will I put on my salad for lunch or what fruit do I want to add to my greek yogurt or what veggies will we fix for dinner tonight. Far cry from the days of what drive thru will I hit later.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
. . . I also think about my next meals all the time, even days ahead. Especially if I have something special planned. You're not alone, lots of us do it! Most of the time it's what will I put on my salad for lunch or what fruit do I want to add to my greek yogurt or what veggies will we fix for dinner tonight. Far cry from the days of what drive thru will I hit later.
Me, too. For example, today, I've been thinking that tomorrow after CrossFit class, I'll head to a local bakery and get two small cupcakes and a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast (I have calories enough to "afford" this). I also have to think about food ahead of time because, as you imply, it takes planning to eat healthy. When I was fat and not dieting, I thought about food a lot less. This is what separates me from "naturally thin" people. The latter are able to intuitively manage their weight without thinking about food too much. I cannot do that.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

For me, that only stopped very recently (the last week or so), after i spent about 3 months "not dieting"--just allowing myself to eat whatever i want. I know that's probably not the answer you're looking for, but that's the only way i was able to stop my food obsession. Now, i actually sometimes WISH i had something to look forward to, since food doesn't inspire me anymore...so sometimes i may just experience a bit of boredom, since i'm not thinking about food anymore. Which i think is awesome.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #8  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

*raises hand*

Oh yeah, I think about food pretty much 24/7. It messes with me because I have a hard time telling if I'm actually hungry or just obsessing. I have to remind myself that it's ok for me to be a little bit hungry, I'm not going to starve because my next meal is right around the corner.

Strangely, the only time I'm not thinking about food is when I'm exercising. When I'm running I go into a sort of meditative state and reflect on whatever, anything and everything but not food. I also don't have the urge to eat immediately following exercise.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

someone else on 3fc suggested a supplement called inositol, which is a B vitamin I think.....I found it helps stop the obsessive food thoughts for me....might be worth a try
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #10  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

My gosh this is so me. I think about food all the time. I think about all the stuff I can't have. I think when I am trying to lose weight it's so much worse. Does it ever stop once you have been dieting for quite awhile?
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Not all the time anymore, but a lot of the time. Probably a lot more than so-called normal eaters.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

ALL the time! I only do not think about it when I am sleeping (although I do sometimes dream about eating) and when I am so busy I can't think. Mostly I think about when I get to eat as I am very structured in my eating to stay on plan as in, I eat at the same times everyday. This helps bc at say 10:30 I can think to myself I only have another hour until I can eat lunch. I force myself not to think about anything that is not on my menu! Anytime my thoughts stray I think about my fat and how much I hate it.
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #13  

Not dieting helped me a ton! When I was dieting all the time all I could think about was when I could eat next or what I could have. I also find that even when I stopped dieting initially I was still labeling foods as off limits and that just backfired on me. Try to set yourself up for success by really giving yourself permission to eat and enjoy your food but do it in a manner that is healthy for you. Eat without distractions when you eat your meals too. This will help your mind to really process that you are eating and you will be able to better focus on your hunger cues.
DanielleGraceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

Height: 5'6"

I, too, find that food is on the mind.
I've always thought about food a lot, and when I was younger it didn't matter so much. I could eat everything, and still feel skinny and not gain a pound. Then I turned 18 and all that went away.
Now, I still think about food a lot. I know I do a lot of boredom eating.
ArtThistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #15  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm constantly thinking about food and always hungry. I've tried eating more veggies, more protein, and more complex carbs. It seems like no matter what I eat, I still feel like I'm hungry. Its terrible. I've tried every trick in the book, but nothing seems to help. I've drank enough water to make myself sick to try to curb the cravings. It drives me mad.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote