Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #1  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

Default made it through weekend....

we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this weekend so for dinner and treat we went to the cheesecake factory....OMG! The low carb cheesecake was terribly awesome! The guy at the bar even made me 'skinny' drinks! Sunday we went to a friends for dinner, and I tried low carb ice cream with candy sprinkles. Good, but not as good as the cheesecake. I just can't get over it. Anyone know the carb count on it? I know it's made with splenda and walnut crust.

Last edited by smith1313; 06-24-2013 at 06:34 PM.
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

They have a LC cheesecake at CF? Niceee!!!

I had to google to find the answer and found it over here- says 37 but net carb count is 11. HTH!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The "low carb" cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory has 37 carbs per slice. They claim its 11 "effective net carbs"....but....I wouldn't trust that The crust is made of walnuts which aren't Induction friendly.
You can make your own Induction friendly cheesecake. There are lots of recipes online. Check out Linda's low carb recipe site
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #4  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

I don't think I could go anywhere Cheesecake Factory or even their low carb cheesecake. That would set off a nasty craving chain of events that I don't even want to think about :-)

Happy anniversary!
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Did having all the low carb goodies seem to have an effect on your weight loss? I'm just curious because that cheesecake sounds awesome, but I have to wait until I'm past my induction phase. It will be two weeks Friday, but I think I'll try to hang in there a while longer because I have so much to lose. I will probably slowly add back things this time to see what effect it has on my weight loss. I love nuts, but I tend to overeat when I have them. I have tried real hard to stick to just the basic foods this time and not make all the low carb goodies. I did make the induction pancake recipe from sugarfreesheila's website. I just brought them to work with some sausage links and made little roll ups. That's the only thing I've made with the cream cheese so far. I got kind of burnt out on the cream cheese stuff the last go round. I love Linda's low carb recipes. Although there is a lot of cheese in the stuff I used to make, but oh so yummy. The thin crust pizza is AWESOME. My kids, my parents, co-workers everyone that I had try it LOVED it. Whether you eat low carb or not it's dang good! I bought some cauliflower for mock mashed potatoes, but haven't made them yet. I guess I just haven't felt like cooking much.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandydawn77 View Post
Did having all the low carb goodies seem to have an effect on your weight loss? I'm just curious because that cheesecake sounds awesome, but I have to wait until I'm past my induction phase. It will be two weeks Friday, but I think I'll try to hang in there a while longer because I have so much to lose. I will probably slowly add back things this time to see what effect it has on my weight loss. I love nuts, but I tend to overeat when I have them. I have tried real hard to stick to just the basic foods this time and not make all the low carb goodies. I did make the induction pancake recipe from sugarfreesheila's website. I just brought them to work with some sausage links and made little roll ups. That's the only thing I've made with the cream cheese so far. I got kind of burnt out on the cream cheese stuff the last go round. I love Linda's low carb recipes. Although there is a lot of cheese in the stuff I used to make, but oh so yummy. The thin crust pizza is AWESOME. My kids, my parents, co-workers everyone that I had try it LOVED it. Whether you eat low carb or not it's dang good! I bought some cauliflower for mock mashed potatoes, but haven't made them yet. I guess I just haven't felt like cooking much.
I think cream cheese tends to be a "trigger" food for many people. I know it certainly is for me!! I don't buy it because if its not there I can't eat it! Otherwise, I will eat the entire 8 oz pkg in 1 sitting and scrape the foil wrapper for every last bit!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I think a lot of foods labeled "low carb" are just lower carb than the original recipe, but not necessarily low carb in terms of Atkins.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote