South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Warblings - June 26

Hmmmm - we are a bunch of sleepyheads this morning. I've been up since 6 but just putzing around. We had t-storms go through here last evening and it's pretty messy out there. At least my car got a good washing. It was decorated by Canada Geese yesterday.

Been putzing around with accounting crud a lot but the end is in sight. We have a big exhibit opening at the Mill this Saturday and I get to cut the ribbon, in both official languages! Then it'll be refreshments and schmoozing for a few hours. I'd love to sip on diet tonic and vodka in my water bottle but I'll be good.

Rain is on the menu for the next few days and my garden is toast - more like a mudpie! Have definitely decided to turn a large hunk of it to grass but that will have to wait until August. I keep telling myself that I can BUY vegetables but my farmer blood is still pretty strong. Time to get real about physical limitations.

So here we are at Hump Day. I hope the other slope is easy.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I saw you and Cottage in here, Ruth, and waited for you to start the thread . We had a doozy of a storm last night...I actually forgot about it until on my run I saw several downed trees and wondered how that happened....LOL...

Another hopefully bland day today. Work, errands, house work...what a glamorous life!! I do get to pick up my 30 lbs of blueberries from the local Kiwanis club! They are outrageously delicious!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow I know I slept in until 8:30. Guess the heat is making us slow going this morning. Tammy I look forward to my "glamorous life." I get nothing accomplished on my work days. Just going to take it easy and stay close to home. A short ride, way too hot already, but haven't ridden in over a week. We are doing http://www.bikenewyork.org/ride/disc...n-valley-ride/ in Sunday. Should be fun Stay in the shade ladies
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Our storm was this morning on the way to work, I drove instead of taking the train as we have a swim meet and would not get back in time if I took train and I am volunteering again for Bull pen.

It will be 103 degrees supposedly this afternoon I sure hope it cools quickly for swim meet.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I had my Monday workout today. In a few minutes I'm heading out to lunch with my mom and a mutual friend. I chose a place with great salads. I work this afternoon.

Hot, hot, hot here too but a break is forecast beginning this weekend.

Have a great day, all.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
I was up really early this morning but have filled every minute so far. I think Kirk and I both had our first cup of coffee at 2:30 am then made a plan for these next few days. I have a coworker who is leaving tomorrow to take her mother-in-law to a cancer treatment center in Phoenix. I'm going to need to fill in on Sunday and next Wednesday-5 days in a row...then right into 4th of July weekend. My boss doesn't have a plan yet for that. There is a very small possibility that my coworker will come back. I think those chances are pretty slim though.

So I'm sitting outside my moms eye treatment center in East Denver and Kirk went all the way over the hill to our other house in Glenwood Springs he'll be poolside by himself this week. That works okay for me actually I'm going to have a few relaxing days by myself and work on wedding flowers as we got Kirks daughters car back to her last evening.
I've been keeping up with you all. Jennifer - that bike ride sounds great I wish I lived closer.
I'm looking forward to an on plan day hope it's great for all the rest of you!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Our big thunderstorm went through yesterday afternoon (1 inch in 1 1/2 hours!) and we had a little top off last evening. Didn't really see any damage, just well-watered plants. Today it started out overcast but now the sun is peeking through.

Not much on the agenda today just errands and normal housework, with maybe a little gardening. I look at summer vacation as practice for retirement!

Wishing everyone a great OP day.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachy Chicks. Another day, another list of stuff to do Of course it's rainy but it's cooler so no complaints here. I kind of miss baking and wish it was just a little less humid. I need other hobbies!

It's a downhill slide into the weekend after today.
Closed Thread