Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Flying with IP and Proti packets

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but could not find the thread. Has anyone ever been questioned through security check ? I will have my stuff in my carry on... flying this week!! Did you put in a zip lock bag? help
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 345/255/175

Height: 5'10

You cannot carry the rtd's through security, everything else will be fine however.
Alaskagirl92128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I travel for work and fly often. I have never had trouble with my IP packs. As long as food is sealed and not liquid they don't seem to bother. I would just put it in your carry - on and put it in the belt. One time I did get pulled out of line and my bag searched, it may have been because of the pouches, but 5 extra moments and I was in my way. Good luck
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #4  

One more thought, I would not bring RTD on the plane as they might not make it through.
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #5  

Thanks , whew!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I am sure this has been asked a million times, but could not find the thread. Has anyone ever been questioned through security check ? I will have my stuff in my carry on... flying this week!! Did you put in a zip lock bag? help
Yes, the packets will be fine. I had two flights on Thursday and Saturday and my carry-on with the packets, shaker, and bars went through security without question. I didn't take the RTDs since they are over the 3-ounce liquid limit.
roxanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

I flew recently with all of my IP stuff in my carry on bags. All of my packets & bars went through...no questions asked. Also, I packed a weeks worth of cut up cucumbers & cauliflower. I put 2 cups in each ziplock so that everything was measured up. I packed those in a cooler with a couple of ice packs in with my carry on, too. All went smoothly.

Now my body screening, and pat down, on the other hand...

Enjoy your trip!
FitGirl2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirl2014 View Post
I flew recently with all of my IP stuff in my carry on bags. All of my packets & bars went through...no questions asked. Also, I packed a weeks worth of cut up cucumbers & cauliflower. I put 2 cups in each ziplock so that everything was measured up. I packed those in a cooler with a couple of ice packs in with my carry on, too. All went smoothly.

Now my body screening, and pat down, on the other hand...

Enjoy your trip!
very very cool on the cucumbers and cauliflower!!!!!! so glad. happy!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/200/150

Height: 5'8"

I flew recently from New Orleans with a week's worth of IP in my carry-on. ONE item was a ready-to-drink that I was consuming on the plane for breakfast and I was allowed to bring it through the security checkpoint because it is a MEDICAL diet. It is allowed under the same guidelines as a diabetic is allowed special foods. I just knew that at 6 am I didn't want to mix a shake on my way to Mexico.
marylej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/200/150

Height: 5'8"

Now I DID have to endure the hand inspection of all my IP products and the strawberry banana ready made had to be x-rayed, but it was TOTALLY worth it!
marylej is offline   Reply With Quote