General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Default I got a new apartment!! :D

I am so excited! After months of struggling and feeling lost, I'm finally making some headway in life! I haven't found a job yet but I had an interview today and I have another tomorrow. I'm almost positive I'll walk away with at least one offer.

The best part is that my boyfriend and I just tripped right into an apartment for ourselves! I was feeling miserable after my verbally abusive roommate and I finally had it out after a year of living under her dictatorship. Prior to Sunday night, I had never taken a stand, instead choosing to avoid her altogether. As a result, she seemed to think she could just scream at me and walk away. Boy was she surprised when I rounded the corner and yelled back! I'm quite proud of myself, she was literally shocked into tears. I think I was the least likely person to actually fight back, no one expected it. This geek can bite!

Initially, we had applied for two apartments that would be opening in September and August respectively. We were up against a lot of people so we were quite anxious that there would be better candidates but we just got approved for one that is opening on July 1st because the woman who was originally going to take it just backed out because her boyfriend asked her to move in with him. I'm so happy I could dance around the bookstore I'm sitting in!

(But I won't because that would be rude... )

I'm so happy to think that in 6 days I'll be away from all of the screaming and yelling, the controlling bossy demands, the insults, and the snooping and happily at rest with my best friend and boyfriend. Next is to get my eating habits back on track! No more stress eating!
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! Your roommate sounds like a real bully, and one that can't handle when someone pushes back. Does she know you're leaving yet?
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #3  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

How wonderful!! It sounds like that was not a good situation you were in, glad you're moving onto better things!!

Congratulations!!

Last edited by thnknthin1; 06-25-2013 at 02:49 PM.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations! It sounds like a much better situation to be in
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

That's awesome! I think I remember reading one of your posts about how unhappy you were with your living situation. I remember when I got away from a crazy roommate. You'd have thought I won the lottery!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Good for you! Your roommate sounds like a real bully, and one that can't handle when someone pushes back. Does she know you're leaving yet?
She already knew I was looking to leave later in the year (she figured it was just to move in with my boyfriend, which was part of it, but I really wanted away from her, too...) and I imagine she knows I started looking for an earlier opening after our fight. Whether our other roommate told her I got a place so soon or not, I'm not sure. I'd wager that she's already been informed and had a few choice words for me. But in the end, I win. She's still going to be miserable, there's actual hope for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
How wonderful!! It sounds like that was not a good situation you were in, glad you're moving onto better things!!

Congratulations!!
Thank you! It definitely wasn't, she was so mean all the time that I didn't even like bringing guests over. She was rude to at least two of my friends and I was never permitted to have any privacy. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
That's awesome! I think I remember reading one of your posts about how unhappy you were with your living situation. I remember when I got away from a crazy roommate. You'd have thought I won the lottery!
Haha, it does kind of feel that way! It lifted up my entire day and gave me hope for better things to come.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote