General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #16  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I wouldn't have thought so either! The drama stemmed from the fact that one or more of the guys invariably wants to do his own thing and not do what the rest of the group is doing, which upsets certain people more than others.

The funny thing is that there was a group of women at the same hotel, about the same age as us, doing a girls' weekend - and they were quite content to hang out with each other at the hotel the entire weekend and -- seemingly - had no drama.
This is hilarious! I thought only women had that kind of drama on vacation.

You learn something new every day!!!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #17  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

That really is funny about the guys!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
I guess it is just starting to dawn on me that I am going to be spending a whole weekend with 6+ girls.

aaaaaaand cue the panic attack!

Sh!t. How am I going to get through this?

I am less concerned with my diet and more concerned with my mental stability...

I am not really a girly girl. I don't spend much time with girls. Generally speaking, they tend to annoy the **** out of me.

I just don't have the patience. They are all lovely girls, two of whom were former roommates. I adore them, I truly truly do. But I have this sinking feeling that I am going to get annoyed and grumpy and just be miserable. At least that is what I am imagining.

At least now, I know I should be able to keep up, not have to take quite so many sit breaks while shopping.

Being the only Plus Size girl sucks as it's not really like I can do a whole lot of real shopping anyway. I get to be the friend to sit with the bags, while everyone tries stuff on. I find clothes shopping with skinnier friends really stressful and depressing. Please tell me how to get through this!!
Before I go anywhere with anyone I like to make sure they understand what I like to do on holiday and what I really don't like to do. If there are 6+ of you and one day you don't want to go shopping with them, do you think they'll make a big deal out of it? If so, maybe you should let them know beforehand you might not be into doing all the things they do and not to get offended if you just want to hang out at the pool or in the room reading. That way, the stress is off, and if you DO end up wanting to go, then they'll be super happy and surprised lol!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #19  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

I went through one of those weekends last year. I was the fat girl in a bunch of skinny girls (I don't mean to sound disrespectful 'cause after all we all want to be skinny girls eventually!!) but not being able to try out cute clothes or going into stores without a plus size section or not being the one hit on or checked out when together.. just pure sucks!!!
My girl weekend was in Florida so imagine how everyone was flaunting their bikinis n I had a towel wrapped around me the whole time!! The only thing that pulled me through the whole weekend was the fact that I was there for my roomie's bachelorette so I had to show support and also the fact that I had a lot of alcohol that made everyone else seem tolerable!!
There is no easy way to live through it. Just breathe deep, drink a little (if your diet allows you to) and instead of feeling all self conscious and out of place in the store when the girls are trying out clothes, make a mental note of all the clothes that you WILL buy once you reach goal
Hope you have fun drama free weekend silverfire
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #20  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I think you'll be shocked at how much "girl" springs up when you're closer to goal
I just want to say I really look forward to reading your advice.. you really have it all figured out!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #21  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrus29 View Post
I just want to say I really look forward to reading your advice.. you really have it all figured out!

Who me? I don't have much figured out, I just stumble along. I love 3FC and how we can all share our wisdom!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #22  
sugar is the devil

Silverfire I like the Coach Outlet there. Their purses are marked off from regular stores. Also, every time I have walked in there, they gave me a 30% off coupon at the door. So extra sale. I just haven't found any purses that have called to me there.

You NEED to go to Bass Pro Shop.... So many stuffed animals all over the store (if that's your thing); moose, caribou, 1 polar bear, etc. They also have a cool display of live fish.

I like the brand Lucky Jeans. There's an outlet there. Same with the Disney store - am a sucker for that.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #23  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I survived the weekend!!!

It was mostly drama free even. WOOO. I almost had it out a few times with one girl who CONSTANTLY complains about being fat and not fitting into her clothes. I totally understand insecurities, but there is no need to b!tch and moan the whole time to someone who is 75 lbs heavier than you!

I was terribly unimpressed with the clothes shopping in this mall. There is one store that carries plus size and they are all old lady frumpy clothes or uber expensive dresses. Lame. Forever 21 was the worst store I have ever stepped foot in. I don't think I would even go back if they carried things in my size. I was told they have sizes up to 2XL. Nope. Large was the biggest you could find. I went and asked the girl at the store where the plus size section was and she looked at me like I was from mars. Ugh. At that point I was tempted to just sit in the food court and eat while the other girls shopped. (I didn't!)

SweetScrumptious - I went to the coach outlet store, picked up the smallest wallet in the place, looked at the $150 price tag and nearly threw up in my mouth. I dropped it and hightailed it out of there as fast as possible. I will stick to my (what I thought was too much to pay for a wallet) 50 bucks from ebay wallet! lol. I did got to the bass pro shop for a few minutes. Just about bought a LED lightup bolo ball set, but thought better of it and put it back. I didn't even buy fudge, even thought it smelled divine!

All the money I didn't spend at the mall on clothes like I wanted, I spent at Ikea and the bar!

It was a great weekend otherwise though
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Glad you survived
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #25  
sugar is the devil

Woot! I don't really spend money at Cross Irons either. Too much of a drive for me and when I do go, I go for specific things. I hate Forever 21 too, and H&M. Their clothing looks so cheap that it would fall apart.

The only clothing that I like there is Lucky Jeans but right now - that's my "goal" store. I also love the stuff in Pusch - but HIGHLY expensive. Ew.

I did go to Bass Pro tho this past weekend but it was for a purpose. Bought a fishing rod and some bait/gear. Planning to go fishing soon

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 06-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Yay for surviving!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #27  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's great to hear!