South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Traipsing Through Thursday - June 20

Good morning. Another cool morning with outside at 49ºF! Nice 77 for this afternoon but it sure feels funny to need the furnace running rather than the AC. Seems to me I was on the AC from May until August last summer.

Got through yesterday fine. The foot appointment went OK but I am being referred for surgery. The funeral was the usual except for three drama queens - the man who died was 93 and it was time to go. The afternoon pet therapy was just delightful! I took in a huge basket of strawberries which everyone enjoyed. Jazz refused to eat any but Disney was right there to get her share.

First on this morning's agenda, after taking out the trash, is to find Houdini's escape route and block it. The new fence is firm and solid but there is a suspicious spot along the south side - fence from 1998. I will push my way through the ferns growing on my side and see what I can do.

This afternoon I meet with my florist friend to firm up the flowers for Rachel's July 6 wedding. The Wednesday before the wedding I will drive to a lavender farm about 2 hours from here to pick up lavender for the bouquets. The place has a B&B and I am considering pampering myself to an overnight and treating the dog to a night in the kennel. Remind me never to volunteer to do wedding flowers again!

Enjoy your traipse through Thursday and do something nice for yourself. (I am making myself a strawberry smoothie for breakfast.)
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default This is Thursday On The Beach! Daily for 6/20

Hurrah for Thursday! And this week it's my Friday, at least so far.

The girls are having riding lessons this morning, so I'm going to spend some time with Susie, and both girls are having friends over this afternoon.

Today is Amber and Tyler's last day of school, so there's a lot of excitement in my house this morning, making it hard for me to concentrate.

What's your day looking like?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and what a pretty rose in your avatar! Egads, what kind of surgery are you having on your foot? Will it have you in a cast all summer?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, sorry to hear about your foot . HOpefully, it won't have you laid up too long (knowing you, it won't!). Cottage - hope your "Friday" goes well!

My little kittie did awesome yesterday! She was purring and making biscuits on me when she wasn't gorked enough to sleep (I took her eyeball out - it had ruptured). How can you not get warm fuzzies from a 1 lb kitten!?

Today will be long - work is booked, and I have a bunch of things to do, which will probably have to wait until tonight. At least the day will go quickly, right?

I did get on the trails yesterday - my first time in weeks . It was glorious!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth I hope it is not too serious. I bet it won't slow you down though. You have one incredibly full schedule!

Linda the last day of school is so exciting!! We had a meeting for next year already! My DS was accepted into a program called Walkabout. Only 25 kids from schools in upper Westchester were accepted. It is a modified academic program for seniors. It includes two separate backpacking trips to the Catskills and Adirondacks, a nine week internship program, community service plus their regular academics. He is quite excited. He has been doing much better in school. They have a very strong guidance system to assist kids going on to college. Hopefully this will help DS with his future. We met several alumni who spoke very highly of the program and how it benefited their lives.

Not much new here. Very tired the past few days. Skipped my ride to weed. I think riding would have been easier lol. I would like to get another day Lilly to fill in a spot. Working tonight so I may just take it easy today. Perhaps a little shopping trip to Kohl's. Those 30% off coupons are just too good to resist.

Enjoy!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, I sure don't intend to be in a cast this summer. There is a really long wait for 'elective' surgery in Ontario and I've not even started the process. My feet have developed hammer toes, probably from wearing those very pointy shoes back in the 70s!

The rose in my avatar is a Chicago Peace Rose - just a gorgeous creature! I stole the pic from a FB post. Roses are not reliably hardy in this garden zone except for a few. The Peace is a hybrid tea and I've had several none surviving our winters.

Now I'm outta here to check the fence and perhaps do some garden stuff. I hope the mosquitoes are still in bed waiting for it to warm up a bit!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm happy to see the malware thing is gone so I am back I'll have to catch up on the last few days' threads later.

We are going for a hike today. That's been going well. My eating is pretty good too except, as I've done every year at this time, I am still overeating summer fruits. They are just so good!!! I'm maintaining but really would love to lose just a couple of pounds before my trip and I guess if I want it badly enough I know what I have to do

Speaking of eating, tonight is our turn to host our dinner group. We have some cleaning still to do and I have a lot of veggies to cut and skewer. We'll grill them with some beef. Fortunately everyone brings things so it isn't to hard. And since a few people can't make it, we even have enough dishes to go around.

Nice to be back.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Made it through the crazy day and it's now my long weekend Actually next week I'm only working three days and the week after is a holiday and short week so just two. I actually took a deep breath just writing that I did discover yesterday that, in spite of my protests, I actually liked health care organizing. I have no interest in doing it long term, crazy hours, but it felt really good talking to nurses concerned about staffing ratios and patient care. On today's agenda - unpacking and work area set-up for me and faucet replacement for the SO. If we get done at a reasonable time we are heading out for either a hike or kayak.

Ruth - My Mom has had that surgery a couple of times and it really helped. I just mapquested the Lavender Farm, only 8 hours. It looks lovely.

Cottage - Happy last day of school to all

Twynn - Hooray for you and the little kitty. I'm so glad the weather is once again trail friendly

Jennifer - That program sounds amazing!

Karen

Okay, I'm going to get started on my day so we can play when our chores are done.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I am having a strawberry smoothie, too, Ruth! We picked at our CSA yesterday. I am sorry to hear about your foot.

The water pump is out at our Alaska house so I've been busy this morning trying to contact our plumber. It's a nice day and I have 5 minutes to get ready...heading to the pool.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Whew I am tired, standing on my fee for hours at the swim meet made my poor feet to ache and have arch pain yet again.

Ruth hopefully you will not have to wait that long to get relief for your foot issues.

Cottage it is nice to see all the excitement of the last day of school

Tywnn glad it went will with kitty

Jennifer that sounds like a great program

Karen I know what you mean about summer fruits

Cyndi enjoy your long weekend and count down to vacay.

Tonight nothing on the agenda except doing laundry and I plan on doing a wfh day tomorrow to get caught up on paperwork as everyone keeps coming to my office to chat

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you guys all east coast? Or outside of the US? It's not even 8 am here and everyone is gone lol.

Last edited by beerab; 06-20-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey sweeties! I'm feeling good! I add one more carb to my diet, today. It's gonna be fruit, as that doesn't trigger cravings, for me. Have a lovely day, everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Beerab, I'm in Eastern Ontario and there is a 3 hour time difference. It's 11:28 right now and folks are thinking lunch - OP, of course!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Quick check in today. DH and I are off to an auction. One of our local furniture stores is a victim of the economy. It is very sad as we have purchased several items from them in the past.

Sounds like everyone had a busy day! Good luck to the injured, congrats to the students getting done and good luck to all the various projects!

Got to run.
Closed Thread