Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #1  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default Short Term Gain (Water!!) Whine Zone!

Use this place to whine about the short term gains.... No judgement zone again.... Just a place to get it out of your system to feel better!

Argh Argh Argh Argh.... Thats all I want to say.... I was going down so steadily and then WHAMMO up 1 1/2 lbs today of water weight. I know its the salty foods.. BUT Geeezzzzzz I am bound and determined to shed it off fast! But in the meantime Pout Pout Pout and WHINE!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Here is my Whine. Why do the last 10 pounds or so have to be so hard? WHY CANT IT BE JUST LIKE THE FIRST 10.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #3  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

I 'd like to whine with you! DH and I went out to dinner on Friday night. I had one glass of beer and 2 small pieces of pizza. Saturday I weighed in the same weight as Friday. Saturday night, we unexpectedly went out to dinner with my sons baseball team. I had a turkey club and 1 beer . I didn't eat any of the fries. Sunday-- Fathers Day. I had a hamburger without the bun, 2 deviled eggs, and a small piece of cake. I am up 4 pounds. 4!!!!! I have worked out each day and other than what is listed I ate on plan. Now I feel like throwing in the towel. My neighbor, dropped 25 pounds in 8 weeks and I can't even lose 5 lately. I feel so frustrated. Right now, I feel like taking drastic measures, but I don't even know what those would be. lol.

Last edited by saggzz; 06-19-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: forgot a word
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #4  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been teetering on the edge of the 240's for a while, and I thought busting my behind at the gym would help get me over. Nope, gained three pounds of water weight due to exercising and sore legs. Finally lost the three pounds and dipped into 239 territory for a single day before a business meeting happened. I thought I was doing well ordering steamed veggies instead of the fried, mashed, creamed, or covered in cheese side dishes offered, but they were loaded with salt, so up the scale went again. It takes me about three to four days to lose the sodium bloat, which will put me square into TOM, which means I can gain anywhere from four to ten pounds.

*sigh* I just wanna get into the 230's. I know that the gains are temporary, especially since I've been OP and my calorie count is nowhere near what it would take to gain weight that'll stick around, but it still feels frustrating to watch the numbers on the scale go up and up.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Flog. Flog. Flog. That's me hitting myself with an imaginary whip because I'm on the third time of losing this 10 pounds. No excuse. I would get down and then have some mad binge. The first time I lost it, it was strictly dieting -- felt wonderful about the progress. The second time, it was losing it because I had regained it from making poor choices. The third time, well let's just say I didn't learn from my previous mistake. But I am determined, the goal to get out of this decade is in sight, and I will make it. But in the meantime, while I'm taking responsibility, I'm secretly feeling pretty sorry for myself. So thank you for giving me the opportunity to whine!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

*grumbles* I just want to hit my first mini goal of 210. It seems like I get so close, today being 212, and if I even just look at something that is off-plan I'll gain 2 lbs!! I'm trying everything I possibly can to stay on plan today, even though my mom found these keebler cookies that look and smell like Girl Scout Samoa's...which are my favorite cookies They are not worth the 2pts+ per cookie, nope, don't need it.

Also, it's exhausting keeping up this kind of willpower....why can't that burn calories, darn it!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

I like whining!!

I'm the same as issaknits teetering on the edge of the 240's. Saw 238.7 a few weeks ago, bloated up like a balloon before TOM (which never came cause my hormones are playing with me). Was up to 244 and have just now started coming back down to 241. I just have to believe it's all water/hormones messed up cause I've stayed on plan for food and exercise.
So while I wait for my body to decide what the heck it's doing I'll just whine a little bit!
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Count me in! Up 1.5 lbs since yesterday! D*mn water weight!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm now up 4 lbs. ARRGGGG! I skipped Pizza Wednesday, and I haven't had one single treat from the candy bowl at work. I've been drinking my water and green tea like crazy. I've been keeping my exercise moderate and haven't gone over on calories in months. There has got to be something missing from the old calories in vs calories out equation.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #10  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm ALWAYS up from water weight. I feel like I'm always wading in the water weight pool

I can have one off plan meal and pay for it with a 4-5lb water gain that takes a week to come off! I surely never lose that much overnight, how come it comes on that fast?!?
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #11  
Sue finding inner song

I am UP AGAIN..

GGRRRRRRR I wonder if it has to do with stress too. My car broke down Monday am and it took me $950 to just get it started again... I have to go buy a newer one know as the computer is damaged... Being unemployed for a time cut my savings down to just about nothing.... I am praying for a good situation to come my way. But since this has happened I have gained 2 lbs (I don't get TOM anymore)... So I wonder if stress does it too? (I am eating the same) Well That is MY WHINE and I will have cheese with that!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #12  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Sue sorry to hear about your car, it's always something isn't it? In our house things always break down in 3's. We had one of our electronics shoot craps, then the a/c, now we're waiting for the fridge or dishwasher to be next

As far as stress making you gain, I totally believe that to be true. I know cortisol levels can mess with your weight. Right now I have TOM, plus heat/humidity making me retain water. I am getting tired of losing and gaining these same pounds over and over. Need to get over this hump!

Right now I'm actually a couple of pounds over what my ticker states but I just can't change it, hoping to get rid of these next day or two.

I can blame some of this on having some off plan food the other night at the ballgame, it will come off I'm not worried.

Have a great day everyone!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #13  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Oh Sue! When it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry you're having so much stress, and I completely believe stress causes weight gain!

My whine of the day is that it seems like lately I'm having more gain days than loss days. I'm still moving in a downward trend, but the gain days are frustrating!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #14  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

I'm sorry about your car, Sue. I'm with everyone else, I think stress does cause weight gain. I hope everything starts to look up for you soon!

We're having Nacho Friday tomorrow at work. I've been doing well on my plan, but I decided to say the heck with it. I haven't had a cheat meal in an entire month, and one small plate before going back to eating healthier options isn't going to be the end of the world. Just remind me of that when I complain about the scale zooming up again, okay?
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #15  
Sue finding inner song

Oh I so thank you all.... I appreciate the shoulder(s)! I don't have one to lean on and you all are so kind !!
and
I am glad that you agree with me about stress.. I remember reading about cortisol and how it makes the body just hang onto anything!! Yikes... thinknthin1 I am hoping that this time you only have a 2 (break) not a 3!... But I know what you mean... things happen to me in 3's too!!!! Always 1 really Horrible or great... 1 Medium and 1 just a bump... or a smile...

Thank you... you all have made it easier for me to power thru this short icky time.... Well once I can round up my extra change, maybe have a garage sale.. I just might afford a not so new car!!! and in the mean time... I get to try them ALLLLLL out!!! Oh... I think I see a potential convertable in my future lol...

WHINE.... Ate really bad tonight and there is gonna be alot of water packing on my body tomorrow!! yeh boy....