South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday Beach Chat 6/18

Boy that was a lousy nap! Handled an incident on my way home last night. May today be uneventful. Was happy to see another 1.5 pounds down. Not changing the ticker just yet as I attribute it to a water whoosh. Coffee is up so feel free to join me

This is where we are staying on vacation. Tulip is our cabin
www.tranquilacrescabins.com

I wouldn't mind being there right now

Last edited by jekel383; 06-18-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone.

I am still here! I have not been able to get on here because my computer blocked the website due to possible malware. Ugh. But I am still here! I realized when that happened how much I really do love this forum. I need you guys for support!

Feeling a little down today. I have been on the road for work a lot more than usual. This makes it hard to to stick to something healthy. I know, excuses excuses. But when you drive 2 hours past any sort of civilization on the daily basis, it is really hard to plan for a healthy lunch.

Anyway, I get to do that again today. Haha!

How is everyone?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #3  

Good morning Hannah pack a small cooler. I eat all my meals out during my work days. My little cooler bag is a godsend!!! Less temptation and I can eat when I need too. I figure if I spend the money and time to make my food I will eat eat. Looking forward to my breakfast already lol
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, keeping a cooler filled with OP foods in your car can be a real life-saver.

Jennifer, I may look further into those vacation rentals, they sound like Heaven! Thanks for the link! It sounds like today's going to be a challenge to get through after your long day yesterday and so little sleep. I hope all goes well.

I'm getting my hair done before heading over to the farm today, which works out great since we're having a birthday party for Susie this afternoon. I just hope the rain holds off since we plan to have it outdoors in the garden.

We had a busy day yesterday. I took the girls to Barnes & Noble to select some books on their required summer reading lists, then we went to JoAnn's to get material for some sewing projects, and Audrey had a gift card for Charming Charlie's, so we wound up our shopping trip there before heading home in a torrential thunderstorm.

There had been a problem with the site over the weekend, but it should be all fixed now.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hmmmm...I'm trying to figure out what Charming Charlie's is. Must google it! Sounds like you did have a busy day, Cottage. Hopefully, it is relaxing to get your hair did?!

Jekel, that sounds beautiful! There's a sleeper sofa downstairs...I could be your live in maid .

Hannah- they're right! I'm about to make myself a salad that will last most of the week, and I just scoop some out every day and stick it in my cooler. I wouldn't eat as well if I didn't do that. (I have come to realize that eating healthy is a lot of work!)

I saw a bunch of people on my wog this morning ~ you can tell the days are warmer when there's so many people out at 6 am. At least I'm not the only crazy one! I have a long day of work, and hopefully nothing crazy.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks and Chicks to come.

Jekel, that cabin looks like a wonderful place for a vacation. You won't have any crowd control problems.

Hannah, take along a good lunch. Even a shake would help. Yes, it's great that the Malware threat is now fixed by Tech.

Made a horrifying discovery yesterday - my accounting file is corrupted. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Malware, more like RuthWare! Luckily I was able to restore it from my last back-up - May 25th! However I need to re-enter all the postings since then. That'll teach me not to do a back-up before I start changing things.

My house smells glorious this morning as I have a big bouquet of old-fashioned Mock Orange on my desk. It's from a shrub my grandmother planted here in 1928 that is now huge - in fact it has thrown out vinelike canes that have climbed the adjacent tree. It's lovely to see white blossoms up in the dark cedar which is as tall as my house. The scent is incredible - the newer hybrids have lost that.

Hoping to get some gardening done this morning. Tried yesterday but my clay soil was too wet. It was trying to suck off my gardening shoes. The weather dude says rain again today and it's really gloomy out there right now so nothing may get done today either.

Time for another coffee while I read the news online and then crank up the day. Happy Tuesday.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been working on wedding flowers now I'm catching up here while enjoying my smoothie. My mom just called and said I can drop the pup off on my way to work so I think I'll get out and pick her some rhubarb. It's shaping up to be a nice day here. I'm planning on heading over the hill early tomorrow morning so it's time to get organized.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Trying for a quick check in this morning, glad to hear that the malware issue was fixed this weekend so we can all enjoy this site

I maintained on my vacation/conference two weeks so I was happy about that no weight to lose and can just continue the journey.

Jekel I will have to check out your link but it sounds wonderful, hope you can stay awake today

Hannah I agree with everyone about packing your lunch, I am lucky in that we have a cafeteria that has a great salad bar with beans that I can use and I pack my snacks and drinks

Cottage I am planning on coloring my hair tonight have fun today.

Tywnn hope you enjoyed your walk this morning

Ruth thank goodness for backups, I try to remember to do them frequently, but I really need to back up all the computers at home again to the back up drive myself, thanks for the reminder.

Debbie sounds like you have a good day planned out enjoy yourself.

Today is just more catching up and I will probably stay later than usual as I will be leaving early since I am volunteering at swim meet tomorrow night. DD2 first swim meet of the year (For her).

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Glad to hear that the site is okay; my computer also blocked it. I'm on our tablet so slow typing.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I had that same site issue yesterday... I was like malware from 3FC? Weird...

Oh ladies I'm so confused, I've been so good on my diet, the 'worst' thing I have done is eat some carrots, and since I started phase 1 over a week ago, I've only lost 2 lbs I don't get it? I even tracked my food yesterday and got around 1200 calories and only about 50 grams of carbs. The majority was protein and good fats... *sigh*

I was really hoping to lose 9 lbs this month and get into onederland, is that normal to not lose a lot in phase 1? My friend thinks that before I restarted I was eating healthy enough anyways and that's why I don't see much of a loss this time around on P1?

I'm frustrated to say the least.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #11  

Bee your friend may be on to something. Plus you already lost 30!!!! So if you were eating healthy before and have lost a considerable amount of weight don't panic!!! Many of us who had "big" numbers in P1 were losing water weight before actual fat weight. Two pounds is a healthy amount to lose in a week. Just make sure you are drinking water, not too much salt. If you exercise vigorously and frequently you may not see a big loss in P1. Try to remember none of woke up 25 pounds heavier in one day. It takes time and patience which we all lack at times. Hang in there
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #12  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

That's what I'm trying to tell myself at least, that a 2 lbs loss IS a 2 lbs loss...

I have purposely not been exercising during phase 1, but plan to start back up next Monday when I start phase 2. I read somewhere people saying that when they didn't lose much in phase 1, in phase 2 the losses were consistent.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good Evening, chicks. We had a few passing clouds today but a reprise from the rain. I got to spend a few minutes in the garden this afternoon. Managed to fit in a haircut as well. My definition of a good day.

Trying to keep clean on Phase 1.25. (That's Phase I with a few local strawberries thrown in!) Need to halt the creep. I'm pretty good with packing my food for work days but when I am home all day it is harder since there is more food available. Tomorrow I will hit up the farmer's market to check out what's coming in season.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening Chicks. Another day of rain with little bits of sunshine, should have planted mushrooms this year. Still busy, still no "real" internet, still unpacking I get to sleep in a little tomorrow. I won't be home until after 11:30 but I don't have to leave until 9 (yes, that's pm and am). After that it's a 4 day weekend, I can make it!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! I'm glad the site is now up and running. I get to weigh in 2morrow, wish me luck!
Closed Thread