Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #1  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Default Plexus Slim

I kept hearing murmurs around about this new 100% natural drink that helped people shed lbs and inches. My aunt sent me a 3-day decision pack for my birthday and I tried it out. I lost 5lbs in the first 3 days! I automatically ordered a 30 day supply and lost 15lbs in my first month. I noticed I was losing inches much faster than lbs. It gives me energy during the day and it helps me sleep at night. I have PCOS and this is the only thing I found that actually helps me lose weight. Has anyone else tried this product?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Looking at the ingredients, it doesn't seem different than most diet pills out there.

Ingredients:
Green coffee bean extract - the research on this has been sketchy, with one extremely small study.

GARCINIA CAMBOGIA - Although many diet pills add this in, there has been no evidence in studies that this assists with weight loss.

ALPHA LIPOIC ACID - This is an antioxidant found in many foods naturally but has not been linked to weight loss.

Hoodia - Unfortunately the benefits of hoodia have never been able to be captured in an extracted form. We've seen lots of evidence that products who claim to have hoodia, actually add fiber to help keep you full.

Chromium - now this seems to be the one active ingredient that might work. Chromium has long been known for having some benefits especially for those with blood sugar issues. It is generally a decent supplement for those that have PCOS.

So basically, I'd say save your money as there is nothing new here and of all the ingredients, only Chromium is the one I'd recommend especially since you have PCOS (I do as well).
Old 06-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #3  
Fall 7 times, stand up 8

S/C/G: 248/tracker/158

Height: 5'7"

Good for you Kitty! Whatever works is what I say and I have several family members that have lost weight on this product as well. Since I'm eating between 800-1200 calories and 25-30 carbs and working out every day 30 min. cardio plus weights and my weight is stalled out I decided to try this product as well. I don't have it in yet but we shall see.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #4  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I know a bunch of people that lost weight on this. My sister tried it and she didn't lose very much, but I attribute that to her not needing to lose much. Cincorn, let me know what you think about it when you start taking it.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #5  
it's always something

It's a very expensive MLM product and as you all know, we don't support those here for good reason. That info aside, here are a few of my thoughts

The ingredients are the usual and somewhat sketchy, as nelie pointed out. Take the hoodia - It's highly unlikely that it contains real hoodia because there's very little hoodia out there and it's illegal to export it from Africa for weight loss supplements. If it IS real hoodia then you should avoid it. Two major companies, including Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and Unilever, spent quite a few million dollars researching hoodia to try to come up with a product that could be proven both safe and effective. The result? Neither. They found that hoodia actually did not work to help weight loss. They also ended their studies early because it made the subjects very sick. This was real hoodia that was researched by the best experts out there. Do you trust any product that lists hoodia as an ingredient? Either it's fake or it's potentially dangerous.

It also contains green coffee bean extract. There's been a lot of hoopla about this ingredient lately and it was thought that it might help a little bit. However, a new study published last week showed a link between the ingredient and several unhealthy conditions, including an odd build-up of fat in the liver. Lab results also called into question the effectiveness of this product on weight loss.

It's my opinion that the ingredients Plexus Slim are not impressive. However! When people take products like these, even products that have been proven not to actually help weight loss, the people consciously and/or subconsciously pay more attention to what they eat and they end up eating less. How much less varies by person, so results will vary. Also, success with MLM products also comes with a bonus - $$$ So those who test out MLM weight loss products have an added incentive to 'make' it work for them. Are the products any more effective than their inexpensive drugstore clones? Not really.

I'm closing this thread because every time MLM products are mentioned, their distributors get notified via Google Alerts and they rush over to try to sell their products.
Closed Thread