Old 06-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #1  

Default WW On Your Own

Is there anyone that is doing WW on their own, not going to meetings or using online services.

I guess I am wondering will it work? Is there a active support group anywhere for this?

I had a monthly pass and was going to meetings and using online, but the meetings were sucess stories one after another (which I agree is wonderful), but they weren't focusing at all on the people in the meeting that were stuggling. (and I even mentioned in to the girl that checked me in). In one meeting there were three girls that just reached their lifetime goal and another that got intership as a leader.

Not much time left for someone stuggling.

Help or advice appreciated.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Hello Chicakdeee!!!

I am currently doing Weight Watchers completely solo, with no online access or meetings. My grandmother got me the calculator for my birthday, along with some of the reading material, and I've been using that along with the support here on the forums for my weight loss.

I may eventually sign up for the online tools only, but I'm finding great success for now, so I don't feel I need to change it just yet. I do everything that Weight Watchers would normally do: write my food journal, weigh my food, calculate everything, etc. The big difference is I don't have Weight Watcher's Support System, I just have the wonderful people here at 3FC, and the web tools this site offers, to keep me motivated and on top of my game.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/226.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm also doing Weight Watchers without being an official member. I'm finding that there are SO many free WW tools online that can help. Free calculators, info, support websites (such as this one). A quick Google search can find lists of power foods, lists of recommended snacks, etc. You can even access a lot of the info on the official WW website without a membership. My favorite articles on their sites are their "cuisine of the day" articles, which are posts about how to survive eating out at different kinds of restaurants. There are a ton of resources available to people like us, who are trying to follow the principles of the plan without the official membership materials.
dumpling99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

I am doing it on my own and lost 35 pounds Just bought the books from ebay, and downloaded the pdf version on the net!
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote