PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  
Mrs.G

S/C/G: 261/255/160

Height: 5'4"

Question Anyone been prescribled Phentermine, B12 shot (x2 a month) & Lasix?

Hello all!

I just came back from the Dr. I am on Phentermine & she is keeping me on it (despite a small weight gain- maybe PMS, although I never know when that will be), but she's also put me on an occasional dose of Lasix (a Rx water pill). Has anyone had any luck with this? I also wondered if anyone had any luck with Phentermine? I had a co-worker who lost 70lbs in 6 months but I've haven't had any luck (like I said I think this small weight gain is due to possibly starting my period- rings are tight, flipflops are tight). As I was leaving she said she wanted to do a B12 shot every two weeks. I've googled this combo & it seems like it's somewhat common but can't seem to get any real answers on this. I also workout (only in the last month) 4-5x's a week, so I am not treating this as a magic pill but as a little kick in the butt.

We are leaving for a family vacation on Friday & am scared to take the water pill as I will be sitting in the car for 2 days & don't want to stop to pee every hour.

If anyone has any advice, help, anything.... I will take it. I have a few friends in my position who actually go to the same Dr, but they haven't been put on this combo.

I am so frustrated & I know what happens when I am frustrated....nommm nommm nommm....

mfg1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #2  

I have been on phentermine for just over a month and lost 15lbs. I have been very happy. I am also on a low carb diet with metformin. I don't know what your insulin/glucose numbers are but it might be a good idea to try low carb and realize that the changes you make are for your lifetime and not just a "diet" to lose weight
IrishDMBF is offline   Reply With Quote