Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #1  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Default Taking Responsibility

I have spent the last 2-3 years frustrated with my weight, but unwilling to make changes (insanity!) so in vicious cycles of gaining and losing over and over. Now I am over my old high weight from 15 years ago. Why it had to get this out of control, I cannot explain. But I do know that when the calendar said June 1st and I decided to weigh myself and was 300 pounds something felt like it died inside of me. I never thought I would get to this point. In the past I have been that "healthy fat person"! (What a joke!) Now my feet hurt, my back hurts, I have had to start bp meds, I hate how my body looks. Anyways, on that same day I became good and ready to make changes - sick and tired of being fat. I did this to myself and only I can fix me. I am responsible for what goes into my mouth. I have been counting calories and eating low carb and lost a lot of weight in the last 2 weeks. It will slow down though.

I read an excerpt recently that went like this: It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Giving up heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your “struggles”... Not that I drink my coffee black, but you get the spirit behind the words! I will have the self-respect and will-power to see this thing through. There will be days I don't feel like doing the right thing but I need to remember that my feelings are what got me into this mess. I am an emotional eater and the truth is that those feelings in the past that said food would fill the need were liars.

Happy to be back at 3FC and looking forward to getting to know many of you and getting and giving support.

-Nora

P.S. I am hungry for the first time in a couple years! Seriously, I had forgotten what physical hunger felt like.

Last edited by Nori71; 06-12-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #2  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Go you! You're ready, and now, you'll do this! I know you can!
PS Love your signature quote! I'm fighting the battle again, but this time I feel much more victorious!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! It's awesome that you realized you have to make changes!! That's the most important thing!! Good luck to you!!

Last edited by Joil; 06-12-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome! I understand where you are having been there myself. I look forward to your post. At times I think that this is hard. One of my favorite quotes is something like " Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard." So far, I have not found anything harder than the consequences of carrying around 100+ extra pounds.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, Nori. It's very inspirational to read a post where someone is stepping up and taking responsibility for both their current condition and the need to change it. There are many, many posters who feel the same way, but your post had a clarity and eloquence to it that resonated with me.

I'll look forward to reading more about your journey.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

I can so relate to your post. Thank you for sharing.
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
At times I think that this is hard. One of my favorite quotes is something like " Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard." So far, I have not found anything harder than the consequences of carrying around 100+ extra pounds.
I love that! "Choose your hard." This extra weight is such a burden. Physically, emotionally, spiritually. I'm so ready to shed this burden. I didn't mean to take away, or diminish the fact that this will be a struggle. Obviously, there will be days that are more difficult than others, but something about that bit I read, sank home for me. I have never had to quit heroin (although food addiction might be right up there with that!) or fight cancer, so it put it in perspective for me - this isn't the hardest thing to overcome. It doesn't mean that there will not be many hard battles!

Make it a good day!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #9  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi Nori and welcome back . I remember you I always loved reading your post . I believe we did a Biggest Loser challenge and might have been on the same team along with a lady name Doragone . We are both on the Blue Team we are into a 4th week . Would love for you to come over and visit with us . We could use some positive company always . I can relate to your story been there and done that . Just glad you have gotten back on the trail of victory ! Good Luck and great to see you here
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

back to you! I love your words and knowledge... I do agree and understand! and Getting Older.. Yikes... Its like our bodies just tell us... Enough is Enough! Glad you are on the winning side and I can't wait to see your loss history!!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #11  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Nori! Your post really resonates with me! I'm glad you're back and look forward to getting to know you!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #12  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
Hi Nori and welcome back . I remember you I always loved reading your post . I believe we did a Biggest Loser challenge and might have been on the same team along with a lady name Doragone .
Ah, I do remember you!! And Doragone! I haven't had a lot of time to peruse the forums yet - just knew to come right back here to the 100lb club when I was ready! I used to really enjoy those Biggest Loser team competitions. I need to get onto a team next round.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome!