View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
veggiedaze

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
Oh also I realized I do the same thing with exercise that I do with food and restriction. I use it as a tool to feel bad about myself and I obsess and overdo until I injure myself so I stopped exercising in a formal way. I got a pedometer and I try to get 5,000 steps in a day. That is actually cool because I find I get way more done around the house because I need an excuse to walk. When I first started I actually had under 1000 steps a day so its been an improvement but with no pressure. my long term goal is 10,000 steps a day.
This is a huge victory! I used to be the same with exercise. I would obsess and run until the point of injury. Now though, I use exercise as a treatment for my mental health. It gives me a huge mental boost and alleviates alot of the mental hunger. It is easy to fall into the thinking of feeling bad about not exercising. I know all too well about that. I just have to keep reminding myself "why" I exercise and make sure it is about health and sanity and not what I look like. I also do activities I truly enjoy.
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote