South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Wishes - June 15 & 16

Good morning from balmy Delta. My house smells of peonies and a huge bouquet of very fragrant Mock Orange. I love old-fashioned flowers. Some of the newer hybrids have no scent.

Looks like a lovely day is coming up. I wish it would last but T-storms are predicted for tomorrow. It's also the day I have the "Girls and Kids" dinner here and I was hoping to have the kids eat outdoors. Pulled pork is on the menu in honkin' big buns plus a yummy cole slaw. No bun for me.

Since we are short-staffed, I will be working at the Mill this morning selling bread. We are grinding today and I much prefer that job to bagging flour and using the scarey machine that sews up the cloth bags. I'm planning to hit the veggie garden this afternoon and am hoping I don't run out of steam.

Raising my coffee mug (Paul) to a day with a nice balance of work and fun or just fun if you can get that to happen!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Ruth, and all who follow.

I work this afternoon. I'll have the place to myself tonight since DH is going to a charity event that starts before I get off. I was glad to have an excuse not to go

I think we'll do another hike this morning. I'm trying for about every other day right now but had been avoiding work days because both are hard on my foot. But there are lots of chances for rain in the coming week and not that much time to get in condition for my trip, so... Of course DH would suggest we hike rain or not because that might be what we get on vacation!

I guess if I want to lose the last couple of pounds before I go, to have some cushion, I'm going to have to give up my current berry addiction. LOVE summer fruits.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, have fun selling the bread. I'd be half tempted for a loaf myself! I am very sad the honeysuckle are gone, but there's something else blooming right now (faint but nice), and the lilacs are still out bit .

karen, great job on all your hikes, esp. with your foot!

I just got done with my wog, it is such a beautiful morning out. I was doing phase I until last night, but I have been feeling so zombie like so I added fruit back in and had an absolutely delightful white nectarine. I just find I can't exercise too hard on phase I, and I've really increased my jogging again.

I have work today, DD has a bday party, and I guess I should get stuff done around the house. My veggie garden is looking *fantastic*, and I have several small squash on there, and lots of greens . Tomorrow is fathers day - so DH has a flight lesson at 8 am (beautiful!), then we'll do whatever he wants...probably canoeing and/or fishing.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone!

Feels like I haven't posted in a while. I am still around though. Been very busy with work. My new computer finally came in so I am back online! I slipped with dieting though, but I am still eating better than I had started with. So that is good. I am not regaining.

I am going to start over today. Phase 1, here I come again!

Beautiful day out today. Gotta work until the afternoon and then I am spending some time with good friends. I need that.. Been extra lonely lately.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hannah, u don't have to start all over, again!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Haha!

Well if anyone wants to know, I did NOT eat the bagel. Or donut, but MAN it was hard. I brought my coffee at the time and just sipped on it while everyone was chomping on their donuts/bagels. I will say the nice thing about working at a company that promotes health (for the most part) is not one person was like "why aren't you eating?"

I'm very frustrated, two days ago I weighed 204.5, today I woke up to 206.0! I have been good!

Only thing I can think of is some water weight from eating out last night? Even though the food I ate was on plan, I'm guessing that is it... I also had a tiny bit of beef jerky, but it was probably the salt/sugar from that as well.

GAH! I told hubby I refuse to gain back the 3.5 lbs I lost, so today going to up the water and protein and stick to eating at home. I'd rather NOT eat than eat stuff that is "iffy."

That and as soon as phase 1 is done I'm going to start exercising again.

Last edited by beerab; 06-15-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Suddenly I want an iced coffee It's a sunny, busy day of errands, cleaning, and some cooking. We are heading out for a little hike this afternoon. Have to take advantage of the sun when it's out!

Ruth - I had to google Mock Orange pictures I'm trying to figure out what I want to pant around here. Anything that smells good is a bonus.

Okay, back to THE LIST.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Quick check in here; I'm going out to work in the garden soon. We have another sunny day which is nice even if it isn't particularly hot.

Found the 1st strawberries of the season at the farmer's market this morning. Already tasted a couple: delicious! I will be sure to freeze a few when the season really gets rolling. Other than that I spent the morning restocking the food. We go through a lot more now that DS1 is home for the summer!

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Just popping in from work to say hello. Hannah, I think a fresh Phase I w/ no slipping is a good idea. A good clean 2 weeks is the best way to make sure you're successful. Just my 2 cents...take it for what it's worth.

I am so blah today, ladies. Just frustrated w/ work and not being able to find something up North...it's really taking a toll on me today. I know I'll get over it, but I'm just down right now. Time to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get moving.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in. Yesterday was unique to say the least. I learned a lesson that I will never forget.....cycling and cake do not mix. I just couldn't resist the last piece of cake at Joe's yesterday. When he teased me about eating it, I laughed saying I am going to ride it off. About an hour into the ride I felt off. Hung in there another 40 minutes. Barely made it in the door and got SICK. Spent the next several hours "worshiping the porcelain god." Oh how embarrassing since Joseph, Joe's son was home. I did muster enough energy to shower and needed to wear Joe's PJ's don't ask! At least he didn't make fun of me So last night was a complete bust. Spent it miserable, but woke up better today. We went to Joseph's game. Finally fixed Joe's bike computer. Had a healthy lunch. Then came home to get ready for my work week. At least it was a gorgeous day
Old 06-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and let's think about "fathers" today. My Dad has been gone since 1998 but there are lots of other men in my life who "father" me.

Was pretty wiped after working the Mill bread sales yesterday but did get out to the garden. However, very little got done as I was tired and sore - knees and poor suffering feet. We have rain on the menu today so I am going to get out there shortly to plant a few more things before it starts.

Girls & Kids dinner tonight but my pulled pork is not ready after ten hours in the crockpot. Right now I'd need a chainsaw to shred it. It may be a pizza night unless it cooks by 5!

On we go with another June Sunday. I wonder what the day will bring.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A day off....yay! My dad has been gone since 1980...I was still in college. He was a wonderful human being and a fun dad.

I just looked at the clock..it's still early but a decent wakeup for me. I'm going to try and stay home today and progress in the house/yard with projects.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Father's Day!

My daddy passed last year, but he was "gone" long before that. He was awesome...taught me how to jump off a curb, and made fun of my new bra size right in the middle of the store. I always thought he would be an awesome grandpa, but his food crutch was his downfall. And I suppose in a bad way, he is my inspiration for getting on and sticking to South Beach.

On the bright side, DH just left for his flight lesson, after bacon and fresh starbucks coffee...what more could he want?!?! He wants to visit the Piper (a type of small plane) museum nearby, stop at his favorite restaurant, and then fishing with the kids. I've done well on phase 1 (now 1.5) this week, so the thought of the restaurant isn't bothering me. I lost 4 lbs in water this week, which is great...and probably shows my poor choices in the past.

The kids aren't up, so I get to enjoy the quiet for a bit til DH comes back. Have an awesome day!
Closed Thread