View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
KittyKatFan

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
From reading these posts, it seems like a lot of it has to do with women going to work instead of staying at home. If a woman is working, she can take care of all the cooking/cleaning/grocery shopping and packing nutritious lunches for the kids. Once the woman has to work full time, she has to become super human and put healthy food on the table. I'm not saying that women who go to work have any choice in the matter and many women want to work but it's just how it is, or it seems to be. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Also, it's a lot of other factors too, as mentioned above.
I didn't mean for my post to be a critique against women. It is more of a critique of our nation, where so many families have to have both parents work in order to make ends meet. If both parents are at work all day, it is understandable that neither one - mom or dad - is going to feel like cooking after a hard day of work. Pizza/fried chicken/burgers and fries are easy to pick up after work ad the kids like them. But all that unhealthy food comes with a cost to one's health.