Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up Sick of eggs? Try Ricotta Muffins

Ok, so those of us that are starting on re-starting (thats me) Phase 1 might be getting sick of eggs. I read many posts of people wanting an alternative. There are many good alternatives in the recipe section and I have another one for you. I call them "ricotta muffins." They are completely fine for Phase 1

Ricotta Muffins
Heat oven to 400, spray a muffin pan.
Then, mix 2 cups ricotta (part skim has less sugar), 4 eggs, 6-8 packs splenda (depending on how sweet you prefer) and vanilla extract to taste.
Mix the ingredients and pour into muffin tin.
Bake 20- 30 min or more until toothpick comes out clean.

I put them in tupperware and heat up two of them for breakfast. This really helps break up the egg routine.

Serves:12, one muffin=one serving

Last edited by beachgal; 10-26-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: to make recipe easier to read
luvscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Correction.

Sorry to confuse everyone. I shouldn't have said "non egg." There are still eggs in this, but it doesn't feel or taste like you are eating "just eggs."
luvscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Luvscoffee, how many "muffins" does this make? Thanks!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

I made these tonight, but I was having a chocolate attack, so I stired in 2 T cocoa powder to the batter before baking. They turned out great. ( BTW, I got 12 muffins out of this recipe.) Also, I only used 4 packets of the Splenda, it was plenty sweet for me, but I didn't want them too sweet.
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #5  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

Height: 5'2

We got 12 muffins too...and we used an extra egg. We also liked them - we added pumpkin spice...yum!
wifey bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

mmm, pumpkin spice sounds GOOD. Hey, has anybody baked these in a water bath? I'm wondering if they would come out cheesecake-ish that way? They were a little dry and I was tempted to butter them. ( I didn't).
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I just made them with 4 pkts of splenda 2.5 t of cocoa a smidge of cinammon and had one Hot
gooood probably could have used another splenda pkt but still reall good!!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #8  

Talking The Best Ever!

On Saturday, my hubby made these savory instead of sweet - we'll never go back to sweet!

he used onion, garlic, mushrooms, italian cheeses, and basil - oh my goodness! they're so good, we're making them for our family for Christmas brunch!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  

ok, so I made these this morning and I must have done something terribly wrong. But, how can you mess up this recipe? Mine tasted like a sponge. I guess I will give it another go and see. I love this sight and all the wonderful posts. I hope you are all having a good choice Monday.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #10  

OK - first he sauteed a half an onion, 3 small cloves of garlic, and a "handful" of finely chopped mushrooms, with salt, pepper, and basil in a small amount of olive oil. then he chilled it by sticking it in the freezer for 10 minutes. (so that the heat from the veggies didn't pre-cook the eggs)

Then he mixed 2 cups of ricotta (we prefer the POLY-O, because its creamier than other brands we've tried) with 4 eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and more basil. He also blended in about 1/2 Shredded Italian Blend cheese and about a 1/4 (maybe a little less) of freshly grated Parmesian. Then he added the veggies.

We sprayed foil cups (soon to be silicone cups), and filled them with the gooey yumminess that would soon be breakfast. This filled all 12 cups in our muffin pan.

Don't forget to preheat your oven to 400 degrees - and then bake for 30-35 minutes.

(By the way - he is totally stoked that someone asked for his recipe! Way to boost his ego, girls!)
Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey trial and error!! I put in a TRUCKLOAD of vanilla I definitely needed more sweetener than i put in
Do you like coffee? I was thinking of trying some instant coffee in the mix
Also try topping it with some PB
and don't eat them cold!!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #12  

Girls: I love these Muffins...thanks for sharing the ideas...I made them sweet like some of you said but today I thought I would try the other way...I saute Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Mushrooms...then cooled that in a cool bath (in a hurry) and added these Veggies to the recipe of the R. Cheese and 4 eggs...They are wonderful...I did cook them the whole 30 minutes because of the Veggies...Enjoy...and thanks again for sharing.
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My favorite Nonegg breakfast is 1/2 cup of black beans 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup shredded Lf cheese
Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Just made this last night. Added a little orange extract and a bit of SF orange jello mix. Perfect for morning!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #15  
Beach Girl

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
My favorite Nonegg breakfast is 1/2 cup of black beans 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup shredded Lf cheese
Mmm that sounds good, gonna have to try that one!

I also made the savory muffins yesterday, they were great! Thanks for that recipe! Took some with me for lunch today......I want to try them with spinach next time as well.

Last edited by Thicky Thick Girl; 06-04-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Thicky Thick Girl is offline   Reply With Quote