Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Choosing a Plastic Surgeon

Did anyone struggle when weighing costs vs your favorite plastic surgeon?

My favorite so far (still at least a few consultations to go) is by far the most expensive. I can pay cash, but that's money that would go to pay for a down payment on a house someday.

My husband doesn't see the cost as a problem and of course I'm dealing with my body, so I want the best. But at what price?
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I haven't had any surgery but in my opinion, you should choose the one you feel most comfortable with, even if it's more expensive. Peace of mind is important and your husband is so sweet to be so supportive. Houses come and go but you only get one body. That said, more expensive doesn't always mean better quality.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #3  

What are you having done?
Ijustcant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustcant View Post
What are you having done?
Probably tummy tuck and breast lift to start. Maybe arms too down the road.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

I haven't had plastic surgery but with all things medical I think it's important to go with who you feel most comfortable with. More money can be saved over time but you won't want to go through another plastic surgery if something isn't right the first time. Good luck! Those are the same procedures that I've thought about too..
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #6  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

The most expensive is not always the best, but whichever doctor YOU think is best, I'd go with that one.
I had a breast augmentation after my weightloss. Interviewed docs and asked to friends who also had it done. Ended up going with the most expensive based upon recommendations, record, interview, etc. Totally worth it!

Just look at the extra cost as more of "insurance" against getting a botched surgery and having to do it again!!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #7  

I am also looking for a surgeon in the SF area....can I ask you the names of the docs you have seen already?
trail is offline   Reply With Quote