South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Feeling the urge to have a cheat day, for my milestones reached?

Do you agree with this? I have six milestones planned and I want to have a cheat day to celebrate. Did u have treats/splurges while losing the weight? I'm nearing a month on program and I have not cheated once. But I feel like I have to have something extra.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #2  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

How about another thing to celebrate, like a mani pedi, buying something you want, etc. For me cheat days tend to last more than a day, so at least for me they are a bad idea!
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I agree with FiftyFive- cheat days for me tend to end up being cheat-periods-of-time, which leads to regaining! (not that I'm losing a regain from exactly that right this moment... *cough*)

If you are absolutely certain that you can have exactly that, a cheat DAY, and be back 100% OP the next day, then go for it. But I, personally, think it's a slippery slope to start associating food with "yay, reward time!". Manis/pedis and massages are much easier to treat yourself with in a guilt-free fashion.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I wouldn't make it a cheat day , only a cheat treat. Too much spirals us downwards! As well, I wouldn't center it on your goals...I would do it when friends have a bday party etc.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I most definitely wouldn't do a cheat day, but maybe a cheat treat or cheat meal. The timing has to be right for me..it has to be at dinner or else my perfectionist mentality finds it hard to go right back on plan for the rest of the day. If it's dinner then I can usually get back on track the next day.

Most of the time, I try not to do this. If I want to cycle my calories, I'll do it that way but I"ll still try to make healthy choices that make me feel good. If I eat something junky or sugary then I feel very guilty and just not well in my body.

I recommend that after a cheat, you drink lots of water for the following day and that you also don't weigh yourself for 2-3 days after.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the advice, ladies!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

For me, I would say it be better to have a cheat treat than a cheat day. I can handle cheat treats with no guilt but I'm afraid a whole day would make me depressed and send me spiraling.

I never use cheat treats as rewards. I more or less plan them for certain days and then carry them out no matter how my eating has been. I use other non foods rewards (massages, hair appointments, beauty products, new books, days off work).
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/226/200

Height: 5' 8"

At the first of the year I decided that I was going to eat healthy all week and then have one cheat day a week to eat whatever I wanted. Well it worked for about a month or two, then it ended up being a cheat weekend and then Friday became part of the cheat weekend. And then I decided enough was enough and started on South Beach.

I think a cheat treat or meal once in a while isn't the end of the world. But I agree with the others and I'm going to do my best to not reward myself with food.
Ntasha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree w/ the others that maybe a cheat treat or meal, but not an entire day. If you can do it and absolutely get back on track right afterwards, more power to you. I know that I personally am not strong enough to do it...so I just avoid it as much as possible. If I have a craving for a dessert, I'll order one at a restaurant. That way I can't continue munching on it for days afterwards...it's gone.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntasha88 View Post
I'm going to do my best to not reward myself with food.
This has been one of the hardest lessons for me to learn and I still fall into those old habits sometimes.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Actually, I take back what I said. When I read the title and see "feeling the urge" it makes me think it's not such a good idea. Slippery slope...I'd wait until you no longer feel an "urge" to do it.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote