Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Chat Pages for June 1-15, 2013

Can't believe June is here. This year is flying by fast.

I posted this on the old thread but thought I'd move it here:

Vickie, I'm doing WW etools on my laptop so I'm mobile around the house. I need an Ipad or Iphone, though. Maybe someday soon. Your idea of fixing the basement for a shelter sounds good to me.

Do ya'll think there are more tornadoes now than there used to be or do you think meteorologists are just more able to detect them now? Just wondering.

Sloan and Rhonda, I'm glad your familes were safe. You had to be really worried.

Our weekend plans? Curtis had company this afternoon. My gf may come out tomorrow afternoon. Not much other than that.

I'm doing well OP. Surely hope I have a good loss Tuesday.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I posted on the other day, too!

Vickie, I tracked points for a couple of days then have done core/simply filling. I am trying to stay off the scale and wait for one week before weighing. All in all, I think I am doing pretty well. I have used a lot of my weekly points, though.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #3  

Glad to hear everyone is safe. I have a couple cousins in OK and they are ok.

sloanie, we just now got a heavy downpour. The kind that comes down in sheets, with high winds. Then the thunder felt like it shook the house. I'm home alone, and hate storms when i'm by myself. Well, I have my dog, but she's no help. Thank goodness she is not afraid of the thunder and will even go out in the rain to pee.

Vickie, I give you credit for getting on the treadmill. I can not say the same for me. Hang in there, it will reward you in the end.

I have been so lazy about cooking. Today I opened a can of black beans, drained and rinsed. Added 5 tsp. balsamic vinegar, mandarin oranges, pineapple bits, cherry tomatoes, avocado and olive oil. This was my breakfast, lunch and dinner,

Sandra, i'm rooting for a good WI for you on Tuesday.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

All the storms missed us today. We spent most of the day mowing. We have a riding mower thank goodness.

Pam, my first husband worked nights when Derik was a baby. I spent many an hour in a rocking chair in a walkin closet during storms. Scary!

Sloan and Vickie, I'm counting points. So far so good.

Sorry this is short. I typed another post that was longer but lost it. Ya'll have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

I had a busy day, and went to a birthday party tonight. Everyone was about 1/2 my age, but it's fun. Denton is amazing with it's interlocking circles....my friend knows my massage therapist, my great-niece's mother, and they know each other, and someone else knows them both, and so it goes....it's fun.

I made the wonderful Texas Sheet cake and ate only one piece and tried to be modest with other food too.

A few weeks ago, an 8 year old shot and killed his 5 year old sister, accidentally. It happens that they live right next door to the people who had the BD party tonight and my friend heard the shot and called 911. People are nuts---imagine--a suburban neighborhood with a loaded gun accessible to children. I just can't stand it.

We were expecting thunderstorms but they passed us by. No rain is expected for a week. I mowed the grass---it takes me an hour. At least it was cool outside.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you enjoyed the get together. We have been mowing, too. Curtis is going fishing tomorrow while I take the girls swimming at a friend's.

Texas Sheet Cake? Yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #7  

Having so much fun in the NC mountains with friends. They taught me to trout fish !! So fun. Also got to see son who was here shortly. Other son ended up coming to Raleigh while I was gone, and had a few friends over and kept the house in shape for some showings..One showing today was to someone who is considering it ..All while I am still in the mountains..Coming home tomorrow.

As usually I want to move to the mountains after being here a few days ..
The cabin beside us is for sale for just 1.4 million
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #8  

1.4 million? We could all chip in!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #9  

good Monday morning chicks.

Rhonda, I read about a brother shooting his sister. I wonder if it's the same one? Parents need to be more responsible with their guns, for sure. One small piece of cake never hurt anyone.

Nancy good luck with your showing. Sounds like you've had a lot of traffic. I can pitch in a dollar towards your mountain home,

Monday is my official WI. I lost over 5 lbs last week. Must be because I was busy with that chair and didn't eat. I wasn't snacking either. DH is back home so I'm sure my eating habits will go back to normal. Almost done with the chair. Yesterday I made the cushion cover and it actually fit. I need to find a long needle to add the buttons for tufting. My daughter picked one up for me yesterday, hope it's the right one.

Have a super week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today was my weigh in day and I lost 5.4! Woo Hoo. Stuck to the program all week and exercised 5 times.

I'm a bit distracted. God keeps sending me these sick dogs. Brodie is off his feed yet again and after mapping out his bloodwork starting with his neutering it seems his platelets are low as well as his WBC. Trying to get some help and figure out what we need to do to help him. At least his numbers are not dangerously low and he loved his canned food this morning. It all has given me a stress migraine and an upset stomach.

Pam...5 pounds is HUGE for you since you are so near to your goal. For me it makes sense. I guess it's proof that fewer calories within a reasonable range and exercise (working on your chair) will pay off. Keep up the great work.

Nancy, glad you had fun. I can't chip in though. Brodie is draining my pocketbook.

Rhonda, Texas sheet cake sounds great to me. I have a cup of coffee hear that would go great with it.

Sandra, have fun swimming today. It was only 51 degrees here yesterday and I had to turn the heat back on. Grrrr....and...Brrrrr.

Talk to you all soon. Must walk on the treadmill today before I go for my hair cut and color.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-03-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm so sorry about Brodie. I hope he gets better. Congratulations to you for staying OP during all this stress. It really paid off for you.

Pam, congratulations to you, too. You and Vickie have impressive losses. Inspires me.

Nancy, that would be something if your home sold while you're vacationing. That's a 2 fer!

I leave in about an hour. Have a good day, all.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

I used a couple of WAP's today. WI is tomorrow. We had a wonderful time today. The girls said they liked going to our friend's better than going to Splash Station.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #13  

I gave in to the temptation tonight
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #14  

Wow, Vickie and Pam! 5 pounds!! I've been trying to eat law calorie all week, and staying off the scales.

Poor Brodie

I went to a visitation tonight for a black woman who died here...she was on city council before and was a real mover and shaker. What an event! Wow--lots of testifying, singing, music, testifying again...A lot of fun, really.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm here on my iPad. After I posted yesterday my desktop died. Sigh. Took it to the Apple store last night and they think the hardware is ok and are thinking it is a software issue so they kept it overnight for evaluation. I have Mountain Lion (the newest) on a 2007 computer so they said that would make it run really slowly. But, they don't know why it's crashing. So......we stay tuned and use our iPads. Thank goodness we have those. Only problem is that I can't print because I don't have a wireless printer.

Rhonda, in my experience black visitations are almost always a beautiful celebration.

Nancy, I needed to stress eat a bit so we had Chipotle. I managed to stay within my points so I was happy about having something yummy. I even weighed the chips on the scale because all I had room for was 1 ounce! You'll be back on program in no time.

Sandra, good luck with weigh in today! Quite a compliment from the Grands too. I think I would have wanted to go to Splash station.

Time to go. I must walk and then take Brodie to get his nails shortened and talk to his Vet about his platelet numbers.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote