Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Toddler bike seat?

I am thinking about getting a seat to attach to my bike so I can start riding again with my daughter.. I have a mountain bike if it makes any difference ...for people who ride with toddlers what is your preference for taking them biking? I have seen the pull behind trailers, seat that sits behind the parent, and the seat that is between parent and handlebars.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

I had a trailer for a while but didn't feel comfortable with it.
I worried about vehicles when I was just driving in the neighbourhood and it was no good for the gravel/dirt bike trails (even though they are fairly wide and flat)

I really would love to try one of those seats where the child is between the parent and handlebars.
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I have tried numerous biking con toddler options. I have a mountain bike, and at 2 and 3 (their big kids) my kids were getting too big for the rear-type bike seats, although there are some models with a higher weight rating that the type I had. I just bought a Chariot Cheetah stroller/bike trailer and I really like it. Down side is that I had to save for months to buy it, lol. My son really liked the front-mounting seats like Weeride, but it wasn't as comfortable for me to ride with as the rear mounting type. Good luck, it's so fun to take the kiddos for a ride!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

One of my first memories is actually riding in the toddler seat on my dad's bike when I was about 3. I remember it being fun while riding, but when he got on or off it was a little scary for me. I don't think those pull behind trailer ones are very safe.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #5  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

One of my first memories is my mom tipping over on her bike with me strapped into the toddler seat behind her. Toddlers can't bail from a falling bike and even being completely safe in the seat and with a helmet on it can be very traumatizing to the child. It took me a long to go on or even go near a bike after that.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #6  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

There are some good reviews of the options on the 'Simply Bike' blog. Might help you make up your mind.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote