Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 4 (June 10/13 - June 16/13)

Okay- week 3 just flew by & I feel like I'm just getting going.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 4.3 lbs or 0.11% A lot of people struggled or forgot to weigh in. We also lost 2 members this week who never checked in and they are too new on 3FatChicks and can't receive PM's

Our Biggest Loser:
ArmyGirl (- 3.5 lbs, 1.84%)

Honourable Mentions:
CanadaMel (-1.0 lbs, 0.72%)

Dahlia55 (-1.0 lbs, 0.65%)

Riddy (-1.2 lbs, 0.64%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work! GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-09-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

Congrats Armygirl, Candamel, Riddy and Dahlia.....way to go.

Nicole -- what is a color run?

Novus -- good for you for taking a freebie -- maybe I should have with my 2 pound gain.

Still trying to get over congestion even though my energy is back. I want to get back to the gym as soon as I'm not having the congestion.....maybe in the next couple days.

Well, everyone remember to drink you water. nite....zzzz
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm back home. I got in late last night. I'm exhausted, but I had such a great weekend. It was really what I needed to get in a better head space.

Elizabeth - the Color Run is an untimed 5K where you go through several color stations where they throw colored cornstarch at you. It's messy and fun.

My group dressed in costumes. We named our team the Colorful Creatures. I was a zebra.

Here's our before pic:

And after:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the losers.

Sorry I wasn't around last week, and then missed the weighin. I was just so busy. But I am a little up (stupid TOM), so it is probably for the best. I'll get back in the groove this week.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #5  
Nicole

Oh! I almost forgot! Some NSVs for me this weekend!

1) I wear Sparkle Skirts for running, esp races. They are magical. The past couple of races I've noticed I had to pull my skirt up a lot. My friend wears medium sparkle skirts, so I tried one of hers on this weekend. It FIT!!!!!

2) Either I messed up or they messed up, but I ended up getting a medium race shirt. IT FIT!!!!

3) My friend that we were staying with for our girls weekend is getting ready to move and was getting rid of a lot of clothes. She had us "go shopping" in her donate piles. I came home with a big stack of clothes in smaller sizes, and most of them fit!! The only things that don't fit are 2 pairs of jeans that are (hopefully) the right size for fall and a fantastic dress that I'm pretty sure is now my Goal Dress.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #6  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikel1979 View Post
3) My friend that we were staying with for our girls weekend is getting ready to move and was getting rid of a lot of clothes. She had us "go shopping" in her donate piles. I came home with a big stack of clothes in smaller sizes, and most of them fit!! The only things that don't fit are 2 pairs of jeans that are (hopefully) the right size for fall and a fantastic dress that I'm pretty sure is now my Goal Dress.
This ^^^ is awesome! Yay for new free (small) clothes that fit!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Congrats to ArmyGirl, CanadaMel, Dahlia55, Riddy. Seems like a lot of people had a rough week but we have to keep on making smart choices for whatever plan we are following.

Nikel- I love those outfits, especially the little girl dressed as a bunny, adorable! And those are some awesome NSV sounds like it might be time to buy a new Sparkle Skirt!

I have been lacking on the exercise side of things and I need to pick it up. I stepped on the scale and I seem to be down 2 lbs so far this week (I knew a whoosh was coming) but I want to wait to see that number a few more times before I believe it.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Congrats to our biggest losers ArmyGirl, CanadaMel, Dahlia55, Riddy. And to everyone else that lost weight.

I was up last week but I'm pretty sure it was due to preTOM, as I'm getting closer to my goal weight I've definitely noticed a pattern of gaining about 2 pounds pre and then losing that plus a bit more during and immediately afterwards. I'm hoping to have a whoosh as I write!

Nikel- The color run looks like so much fun and I have to agree your outfits are absolutely fantastic. There's one coming to Korea- for the first time- in September and I'm trying to convince my fiance to go, he says he doesn't want to do a race unless it's timed, while I'm the complete opposite, at least at the moment.

I've got a late training session today from 4-7:30 and I'm quite concerned about the eating situation. They'll provide snacks which is usually cookies and chocolate and the Korean teacher who's going with me said we shouldn't bring our own food. I usually eat dinner by 6 so I know I'm going to be hungry. I am having a healthy pre-leaving snack, a homemade smoothie. I hope I make the right food choices as I really want to be lower than where I was the second weigh-in this Thursday.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #9  

Nikel- great pics- love the zebra costume. Looks like fun- everyone is smiling so it must have been a good time. I have a champion running skirt, but haven't used it yet as it's too warm and a bit short for my liking- I may have to wear it over leggings. Awesome with all the NSV's!!

Montecristo- good to see you! Hope you're finding your groove.

Changergirl- hope the training went well and your smoothie kept you satisfied.

Rated- yay for the woosh. I find my exercise/movement increased when I started wearing my pedometer. Now I feel naked without it.

I'm struggling so far this week as TOM approaches. All I want to do is eat & sleep. Must get into better mind frame- maybe after a nap- LOL.
It is amazing though the pattern I've noticed with weigh loss is how tied into my monthly cycle it is. I only see weight loss the first week of my cycle and then the rest of the time I'm maintaining. This is where consistency day in, day out of what you are eating and how much you are exercising plays a role. (just my opinion).
Have a great day all!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-11-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #10  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I missed weigh-in this week . . . I was sleeping and slept right through weigh-in time. Hopefully this week will be better.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #11  

I did my first kettlebell workout yesterday, and it kicked my butt! I haven't done a lot of exercise in the last couple of weeks, so I thought that might be it, but I made it through my regular yoga sequence with no problem, so I guess it is just that good, lol. All I did was go throught the instructions on how to do each exercise (20 min) and then did the quick "easy" 12 minute workout. It is quite fun, but I actually had to take a break in the middle of the 12 minutes. My plan is to do the 12 minute workout 1-2x before my yoga sequence for this week. Maybe next week I'll be brave enough to try the full 40 min workout!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #12  

Happy Wednesday Gang!

Anymore NSV's to share?

My NSV- a friend gave me a couple of pairs of shorts in size 10 and they fit!
I am beyond estatic. Now if it would just warm up enough outside so I can wear them

Was supposed to have a meeting this morning, but the person never showed. Fine by me as I have plenty of other stuff to be doing- like posting here

Montecristo- good for you for trying kettlebells. They look interesting, but I'm worried about lowerback issues or whacking myself with the kettlebell- uncoordinated here.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-12-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #13  
Nicole

Why hello there summer! Holy cow, it's HOT out there. It looks like the time to get up obscenely early to run has arrived.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #14  

Mel - I was a little concerned about the back issue, as I already have chronic problems in that area, but it was actually good. As long as you use proper form, it doesn't hurt your back at all, and today I have that really good kind of glowy feeling that I get from yoga, that tells me that it is strengthening my back. The mechanics of the exercises seemed very simple to me, but then I'm pretty coordinated in general. You should give it a try some time, I think you'd like it.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

My NSV today was pulling out my suit for a meeting and I had to take in the pants three inches! They fit tight three months ago, but they're falling off now.

I didn't lose last week, but I'm working hard this week!!