Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #16  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

kar
It is in the mirror I don't see the difference. If I look at my legs or my arms or such. I do see a difference. It is only when I look in the mirror. My husband said let his eyes be my mirror. He wouldn't lie to me. He tells it like it is and he thinks I look great. You have done great. You must be so proud of yourself. 80 pounds that is a lot of weight to lose and in such a short time too. I bet you have so much energy you don't know what to do with all of it.

Wandering
Thank you. You will see, it won't be anytime at all and you will have 50 pounds and more lost.

Jay
I am pretty lucky. I gained the weight all over and was proportional even at my heaviest. Now I am losing it all over and am still pretty much proportional. 41-32-38. Lately is is coming off the bottom end lol. Next week it will be a bit more off somewhere else and everywhere else losing pretty much the same. Sorry I ranted. I just was fed up with not being able to see in the mirror what everyone else says they can see. I must be going to dump a bunch of inches in the last 30 I want to loose lol. I was never much over 34-22-34 lol, never had a small waist compared to my chest and hips. I have gone from a tight size 18 stretch jeans to a tight ( same brand same pants and all of them bought within 6 months of each other ) size 12 so far.

Ilene
We didn't even think to take any until I had already dropped about 30lbs. The clothes I am wearing in that pic really don't show how I have dropped weight. Thank you.

Daisy
The only pic we have of me at 198 I am sitting crossed legged in a chair with a baggy t shirt and sweats on. Doesn't help me much does it lol. I can see looking at that pic that I have definitely dropped a " bit " of weight lol. Now if that darn mirror would start cooperating lol. Thanks

Faerie
Hi girl, my husband told me to come and talk to all of you. He can tell me what he sees but I needed you all to slap me into shape, kick me in the bum and tell me to open my eye balls lol. Hugs

Shelbys
You could be right there. I never looked in the mirror if I didn't have to. How the heck do I know what I looked like. Thank you

Vix
I did just that when I read your post. Oh my gosh. I kept one pair of those 18's. I can't believe I can't see that much of a difference when I look in the mirror. WOW I have to be blind lol. Thank you so much, that idea really helped

Photo
Thank you for caring. It is strange. I can see it when I look at myself. I can see my clothes sizes are going down. That is it. When I put on that pair of pants I wore when I started this journey I could really see the difference. I put my pants back on and looked in the mirror. Yes there is a difference but darn not as much as stepping into those size 18's showed me.

ashis
Thanks. I have no doubt I will get to where I need to be weight wise. I also know I will get toned and in shape also. I have finally come to the point that I can stand to see myself. I never want to feel how I felt about myself before. AND I am never again going to let docs pop every darn pill down my throat that comes their way before I know the side effects and if they are serious enough, get a second opinion.

Nancy
I really am proud of myself. If anyone had told me 42 weeks ago at the beginning of my journey this would be so easy. I would have never believed them. If they had told me I needed to eat to lose. I would have never believed them AND if they had said I didn't need to do without a thing but just stay within some generally healthy ranges for myself. I would have never believed them. They would have been telling me the truth If I can do it, anyone can do it. thanks

Soul
Thank you. I am sure you inspire those that you chat with. You are going to reach your goal. You are going to look and feel great. You are also going to be healthy and strong because you know you are worth it.

Mel
Thanks. That is kind of what Photo said. I can fit my big old fat cat in those pants with me lol. He wasn't happy about my daughter stuffing him in there either.

Gator
Thank you. All of you here are such an inspiration to me. All of you have been or are where I am right now. You understand.

I want to thank everyone for such kind responses. I am sitting here in tears. You all have no idea how much your kind words of encouragement have meant to me.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #17  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Shy - it IS hard to see the difference in ourselves. But, you are now just a few lbs. heavier than your daughter. Look at her, realize how close you are to her size. Your husband didn't recognize you from afar just a few weeks ago, and you have lost another 5 lbs. since then! You not only LOOK so much thinner - you are a lot STRONGER too! Look at all that you can do now! How far you are walking - the muscles you have developed! You are doing amazingly well for someone with the health challenges you have faced. Girl - you are an inspiration! Size 12 - THINK of it! WOW - that is absolutely AWESOME!

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-16-2008 at 07:35 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #18  
Rennie

Counting
My friend. That is so great you are down to 148. You just keep going down. I think it is terrific that we have been with each other through this journey. Yes I am stronger. I can't believe I can walk the miles I walk and lift the things I lift ( remember when I was huffing and puffing through a 1 mile video lol ). We came back from the store and I grabbed 2 gallons of milk with one hand and took them into the house. Now, of course I got yelled at because he thought I was going to hurt my hand. You know how my hands can be. I never thought a thing of it when I did it lol. I would never, even if someone put needles under my fingernails lol admit to him my hand hurt after I did that. They didn't feel heavy and that was a good thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I felt the same way, until my husband had me get into the exact same position as I was in a photo and he took a picture then put them side-by-side. I was seeing myself everyday, and over a period of time. So the results weren't as dramatic in my eyes when looking into the mirror. Seeing the results side-by-side though was a completely different matter.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Dear Shy Moment,

You have lost *50* pounds!!!! FIFTY!!! The big 5-0!!! That's WONDERFUL!!!! Your hard work & dedication is definitely paying off!!!

But if you can't SEE that 50 *is really gone* pounds... Maybe you should pay a visit to your eye doctor?!?!?!?

The best way to see it is to take a NOW picture & put it side-by-side to a before picture. Oh believe me... you'll see it!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #21  
Rennie

almost
Good idea. I am going to have him take a pic of me in that chair sitting the same way. Thanks, never thought of that really.

Beach
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, you know, he has always told me the way he got me was because my eye sight is so bad. Maybe that is the problem. I should run down to the eye ball shop and get a new pair lol.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #22  

So far I am down 29 pounds and I don't see it in the mirror. But when I look at some old pictures of me then I see it.Also when I went shopping for new clothes I went down 2 sizes. Everyday someone is always saying how great I look.
Joanne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

50 pounds at your height must be a HUGE difference. If you don't see it, I'll bet you're the only one! See if you can dig out some "before" pictures to get a welcome reality check.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations and excellent work

I think you probably don't see the difference because you see yourself in the mirror every day. But for someone who doesn't see you on a regular basis, I'm sure the change does look dramatic.

There could also be some body image distortion going on there. Studies have been done that show how many people think they are bigger (or smaller) than they really are. You may still see yourself as bigger. I know I struggle with this issue. I have lost 150+ pounds and while I know there is a change in how I look, I don't see a major change. Others around me think I look like a totally different person.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I have lost about 30 lb and can't see it in the mirror at all. I know I am losing weight, I went down a pants size and then some, but still don't see it. The first time I noticed it was when I had a fitted shirt on and I looked down in the car (don't do this while driving lol). Something about that angle clicked with me and I could see the change (I could also see the seat belt that used to hide under my flub). I think sometimes we look in the mirror and our mind plays tricks on us.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 287/275/160

Height: 5'6"

Shy good job on the weight loss! Awesome! Try and take a new photo, and then compare that new photo to a photo of yourself before the 50lb loss. You will see the difference!
pixie3208 is offline   Reply With Quote