Thread: Tea?!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
sparks17

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

I drink a lot of tea and so do my adult daughters (22 and 20), so we have at least a dozen available at all times (I have two tea storage boxes with six compartments each). I only drink ones that taste good (to me!) black, as I do not want to have to put honey/sugar/lemon/cream/whatever in it. And I usually stick to brands that I can get locally at Target or the supermarket. Sometimes I will have something fabulous at a friend's house but I can never find it near me!

I start every morning with plain old Lipton. I just like the flavor! My 2 other favorite caffeinated teas are Twinings Lady Grey (not as strong as Earl Grey) and Yogi Blueberry Slim-Life Green Tea (just fruity enough). For decaf I like Bigelow Ginger Snappish (Ginger with lemon) and Yogi Throat Coat (honestly, this one is an acquired taste. I hated it at first as it is sort of liquorishy but I grew to love it!). But I like having that variety, as there are days I want something really strong or really delicate, kwim?

I like the Lipton Cold Brew bags for unsweetened iced tea. It is super easy to make! Sometimes I will add a few bags of Celestial Seasonings raspberry to brighten it up a bit - yummy! And I leave the bags in for several hours, even though the box says like 15 minues!

We have a few loose teas and a tea ball strainer...but I can't be bothered as I do not like the extra clean up. My daughters like it though.

Have fun trying out different flavors! I think of it as an inexpensive luxury. And, if you try a flavor that you don't care for, you can toss it without feeling too guilty!

Goal 1 - 25 pounds (10%) lost = 221 pounds
Goal 2 - 22 pounds (10%) lost = 199 pounds
Goal 3 - 20 pounds (10%) lost = 179 pounds

Last edited by sparks17 : 06-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote