South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Wake Up Beach Chat 6/8-6/9

Up early again today and why not since I went to bed at 9. My tummy reminded me I was naughty and ate way too many cinnamon almonds. I love nuts, but unless I portion control them it is disastrous! Oh well lesson learned again.

Big day of cooking and cleaning. Followed by an afternoon ride. Later dinner with DS and getting him a gym membership. Yesterday I was a lazy load after work and accomplished nothing. Time to get moving.

Have a great morning all
Old 06-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful Weekend Warbling - June 8 & 9

Well, it could be wonderful if the rain ever stops. This is getting pretty old and I sure hope Andrea runs out of steam soon.

Got my baking done yesterday and it is ready to take to the Fish Fry mid-afternoon. We made an executive decision yesterday to change the venue from the pavilion in the Park to the Town Hall since the Park will be pretty soggy even if the rain does stop. Food service is so much more convenient in the Hall anyhow. I am not very confident that this event will be a success. I found out yesterday that the posters I made had not been distributed! It is what it is.

Despite the rain, Jazz and I are off to do pet therapy at the nursing home. I must remember to dress in bright colours and make sure he wears his red scarf. It always seems more gloomy there on rainy days, especially when they've cut the hall lighting to conserve energy.

Sun is predicted for Sunday - seems appropriate! - and I intend to spend the day in my garden.

Raising my mug to Wonderful Weekend!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Jennifer. We were simul-posting again. It sounds like you are rarin' to go with weekend stuff. The afternoon ride sounds good to me.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Great minds think alike Ruth We had rain the past two days, but today is absolutely beautiful. Hope the lovely weather gets to you soon. Keeping my fingers crossed the fish fry is a success
Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth and Jennifer!

Jennifer, I used to keep a can of cocoa almonds in my car for snacking, but I would find myself mindlessly nibbling away on them while waiting for the girls, so I had to put a stop to that habit.

Ruth, I hope today's fish fry is a success despite the posters getting distributed.

We now have a lakefront home after yesterday's deluge. It finally stopped raining at dawn and right now the sun is peeking through the clouds. Probably accessing whether or not it wants to stay, lol. I haven't thought about what's on today's agenda yet, but I do plan to put on my muck boots and walk around the yard to see how the garden and flower beds fared. First and most important, though, is another mug of coffee to toast the weekend.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Nuts are the one food I measure. I can't have those flavored ones around; too many times I just went overboard. So yummy.

Ruth and Linda - Keep dry.

I may or may not be working today; my boss will call me later to let me know. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. I have some errands I'll run if I don't work. I think no hike today since my calves are a bit sore from yesterday. I'm trying to be smart and build up gradually. I DO NOT need ANOTHER injury.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Gratefully, we didn't rain here too bad. It did rain, but not a constant downpour. I'll bet my mater plants are happy . (oh dear, I bet I have to weed again....).

My battery died on my car twice yesterday , so DH will take it to the shop while I'm at work. Thank goodness for superman's great grandfather that swooped in and helped me the first time (the kids and I were garage sale-ing) and DH was there the second. I did get some good deals on stuff for the camper though!

Today I am off to work, then DH signed us up for a family fishing thingee, where the kids can learn to fish....YAY!!! I have fond memories of mom and dad taking us fishing when we were younger, and really miss it. I hope they enjoy it!

I am going to try and make out a menu for next week today. I'm with you on no nuts, esp. in the car....I munch every time I get in there!! (actually, no matter what the snack is in there...)

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-08-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm off to work. I have an ear issue...fluid and can't hear. I've been doing some lymph massage and have located the acupressure points for while I'm at work. Hope it gets better....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Feel better, Debbie! Hello everyone! I will be watching Tennis today. Go Serena Williams, lol!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

Hope your ear feels better soon Debbie!
Tammy- sorry about your car battery
Jennifer- Enjoy your ride!

No rain here, but no sun either! Just gray. Heading out in about 30 minutes for a morning/afternoon of pampering- massage, facial, and manicure! And some waxing, but that's not pampering so much as painful maintenance

On plan so far, but then again, I'm only on breakfast. Lunch is planned, but dinner is unknown. Anyone have a veggie suggestion?

Hope everyone has a great restful (or productive, your choice!) day!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Chiming in this morning to agree with y'all.
I'm sick of rain and cold and SO ready for warmer weather! That 90* day last week is a distant memory.

I also love the cocoa almonds. I keep a bag at work; my day is so busy that I can keep it to 1 handful as I run back to my classroom after lunch. Now if I had them at home I would not be able to stop before I ate the whole bag.

Not sure what's up here today. There's a quilt show as well as an antique gas and steam engine demo at a local museum which DH seemed interested in attending. I also need to hit the grocery store. Guess I'd better do a little menu planning.

I'm jealous of the riders and hikers! I'm on the DL currently. Waiting for my doctor appointment later this month so I can FINALLY get a plan for my knee. In the grand scheme of things it is a fairly small injury but it makes me quite sympathetic to those with long-term and serious health problems.

I'm off to refill my cup; hope you have plenty too!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. It is such a pretty day outside. I'm still feeling pretty bad. This its day 4 though so I guess that is to be expected. Sorry guys if I am whining. It just feels awful. I would kill for some apple juice. Haha
Old 06-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #13  

Hang in there, Hannahbeanies! It will pass, not to worry! Congrats. on making it, this far!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! Just checking in again during supper. Not too hungry tonight, so dinner is a bag of steamed spinach, a string cheese, and some mixed nuts.

Hang in there, Hannahberries! You can do this!

Beth- I'm sorry to hear about your knee trouble. Hopefully your appointment will be productive and you'll be back on the mend soon!

As an aside, does anyone know if a salad spinner will work on steamed spinach? I drained it and drained it and mashed it and drained more, and I STILL feel like I'm eating spinach soup!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #15  

Happy Sunday, for those on the East Coast. Be well!
Closed Thread