View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
lin43

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
But I am very careful not to engage in the all or nothing mentality and turn intuitive eating into a diet. I don't want a strict rule saying "never ever eat just for pleasure"
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me in my past attempts at IE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
Last night I had 4 pieces of pizza. The first 2 were for hunger. The second 2 simply for pleasure. I accept that
I realized that three pieces of a large pizza is enough to satisfy me. Two (maybe even one) will take away the hunger, but I will not be satisfied without three. Four, for me, would be eating just for eating's sake; that fourth piece would not be as pleasurable for me to eat as the previous three, so I'm okay with three. As I mentioned on another thread, I do not believe I am a binger. I am an overeater, though. If I get enough of what I want, I will not continue to eat or even think about food. For instance, on Thursday night, I had three slices of pizza. I did not think about food for the rest of the night. The problem is that to get enough of what I want, I would have to overeat, and then I would gain. Maybe not much (10 lbs or so), but for my mindset right now, that is too much. I have been toying with the idea of applying two rules that take into account my intuitive eating habits but still provides me with some structure: eat two meals per day (that seems to be enough if I really don't just mindlessly eat); don't eat after dinner, except occasional (2 times a week) dessert.

Last edited by lin43 : 06-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote