View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #19

Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
But I am very careful not to engage in the all or nothing mentality and turn intuitive eating into a diet. I don't want a strict rule saying "never ever eat just for pleasure"
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me in my past attempts at IE.

Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
Last night I had 4 pieces of pizza. The first 2 were for hunger. The second 2 simply for pleasure. I accept that
I realized that three pieces of a large pizza is enough to satisfy me. Two (maybe even one) will take away the hunger, but I will not be satisfied without three. Four, for me, would be eating just for eating's sake; that fourth piece would not be as pleasurable for me to eat as the previous three, so I'm okay with three. As I mentioned on another thread, I do not believe I am a binger. I am an overeater, though. If I get enough of what I want, I will not continue to eat or even think about food. For instance, on Thursday night, I had three slices of pizza. I did not think about food for the rest of the night. The problem is that to get enough of what I want, I would have to overeat, and then I would gain. Maybe not much (10 lbs or so), but for my mindset right now, that is too much. I have been toying with the idea of applying two rules that take into account my intuitive eating habits but still provides me with some structure: eat two meals per day (that seems to be enough if I really don't just mindlessly eat); don't eat after dinner, except occasional (2 times a week) dessert.
Clothes Sizes (not lbs):

Last edited by lin43 : 06-08-2013 at 05:08 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote