View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
SouthernMaven
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I wish I came from that planet.

F.
LOL - I know that seems very strange and it goes against the generally accepted wisdom that "carbs beget more carbs" but that's just the way my system works.

Perhaps it is due more to the butter I have on it as opposed to the bagel itself. But the funny thing is I don't generally eat a lot of bagels; every once in a while I'll go to Einstein Bros with my daughter (who LOVES bagels!) and get a plain bagel toasted with butter. Now that probably has about 400-450 calories so it shouldn't surprise me that it fills me up, but it's a bit confusing because I can eat 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon and a banana which has approximately the same number of calories and I'll get hungrier much more quickly. Substitute two slices of toast (again, with butter) for the banana, remove one egg, and you again have a comparable number of calories, and it will satisfy me longer than the bacon, eggs, and banana.

Odd, I know. And it may have a psychological component to it, since I have always been a big bread eater, love it, and really can't imagine not eating it. I could go the rest of my life and not eat a candy bar, ice cream, cake, or donuts. I could probably go the rest of my life and not drink wine (although I don't want to!). But if I were told that I could no longer have bread in any form I would be very depressed!

And if I were told I could no longer drink black coffee, well....I cannot even imagine life without my coffee! And that has NO calories!

- Rob Stevens, The Overfed Head

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote