South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #1  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default Time Crunch getting crazy! Looking for slow food quick tips!

So, I'm at the end of a grueling work project and I'm finding less and less time to myself. This, of course, includes preparing healthy food. I was thinking about preparing breakfast the night before. Has anyone cooked scrambled eggs or omelettes at night, throw them in the fridge and heated them up in the morning? Did it taste okay? I'm just running out of ideas. Raw veggies in the morning don't sit right with me. I really need something nice and warm and filling to eat but unless I find a car with a hotplate in the passenger seat, I think I'll need to pre-cook.

Thanks
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Many of us make either egg muffins, or crustless quiche (are you phase I?). I'm thinking of making the spinach feta crustless quiche next week myself! I will admit, these taste WAY better reheated in the toaster oven than the microwave.

Deviled eggs are something I'll handle way better than regular eggs as well.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I precook for breakfast all the time when I leave early and have to take something with me. Eggs heated from the fridge taste fine, although eggs frozen do not have a great texture. I also will make big pots of soup or stew and heat that up when in a time crunch. It may not be breakfast food, but works for me.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pre cooking everything is the only way I stay OP during my work week. I love two eggs over easy topped with 2 slices mesquite turkey and 1 slice of Swiss. I season the eggs with S&P and crushed red pepper flakes. I make enough for the week and heat for 45 sec. Tastes yummy to me. I too enjoy crestless quiche and eggs muffins. To think before SB I wouldn't eat eggs at all. Oh how times have changed
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've done egg cups in the past. For over a year I ate crockpot refried beans for breakfast every day. Made them once a week and reheated in the microwave. I've done leftovers reheated too. Think outside the breakfast box. There are also bean and flax muffin recipes you can find online that can be made in advance.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #6  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Thanks, everyone. Good ideas!

I'm going to try frijoles for breaksfast - that actually sounds really good! With a little melted cheese and chunky salsa.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote