Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #1  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

Default Extreme belly fat?

Hey everyone, I know we are all essentially different and how we carry our weight but why the heck do I have so much belly fat its really bad for me.. My legs are super slender but muscular but my belly is super huge and hangs really bad.. I had a moment this morning taking progress pics I started to cry.. because my belly is just so huge it gets in the way of everything .. that's where I really gain the weight in my belly... I mean no gross talk I hant seen my vagigi in years ughh so frustrated
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think that it comes down to body shape. It sounds like you have an apple shape. We all have parts of our body that we really hate. I hate my upper arms. I know that it is easier said than done but I am working on accepting myself, flaws and all.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #3  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueMclean View Post
Hey everyone, I know we are all essentially different and how we carry our weight but why the heck do I have so much belly fat its really bad for me.. My legs are super slender but muscular but my belly is super huge and hangs really bad.. I had a moment this morning taking progress pics I started to cry.. because my belly is just so huge it gets in the way of everything .. that's where I really gain the weight in my belly... I mean no gross talk I hant seen my vagigi in years ughh so frustrated
I have this issue too. I found that for me..I was suffering insulin resistance...you tend to have much more fat on your tummy when this happens. I have only changed my ways in the last month or so..but with what I am doing..it has shrunk nearly in HALF. You are not alone. Your belly is fat now...but will shrink. It will be ok.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Monique - sorry I don't have any great advice for you, but I just wanted to say hang in there, and I love your sig quote!!
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #5  

I have fat everywhere.

But I can say, it's going down slowly but surely. Just hang in there, you are doing awesome.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I also keep all my weight in my belly. What can I say, it's still there, but smaller now. In clothes, you can barely tell
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I think it is an advantage. I carry most of my weight there, which means all the other places look great. So my butt is awesome, and my arms and legs not bad. It's easier to have it all in one place!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

This has been on my mind all day. As I wear smaller sizes it shows even more. When I was at my heaviest it was all just part of the package, now I look pregnant. I wore a squeem for a while and it helped. I may have to get another. It is expensive in my book.

franciejones, what are you doing???????
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Please dont feel bad Monique....we all have parts of our body that we hate....I hate my stomach, my legs, my rear end and my flabby arms....I can say one of my friends made me laugh a few weeks ago when she told me I didnt have as much junk in my trunk as when I first met her, lol. I am working out at the gym 5-7 days a week and I notice a difference slowly but surely, especially in my clothes. Just take it one day at a time and it will get better, I promise.
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
This has been on my mind all day. As I wear smaller sizes it shows even more. When I was at my heaviest it was all just part of the package, now I look pregnant.
[/B]
This is me too! I'm on a massive mission to get pregnant and a lot of people in my real life know this. I'm so afraid they think I am already and just don't want to ask. And I'm definitely not yet.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #11  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
This has been on my mind all day. As I wear smaller sizes it shows even more. When I was at my heaviest it was all just part of the package, now I look pregnant. I wore a squeem for a while and it helped. I may have to get another. It is expensive in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post
Monique - sorry I don't have any great advice for you, but I just wanted to say hang in there, and I love your sig quote!!
Ditto to all of this! <3 your quote!

We're not trying to get pregnant currently but have told people we do plan for one more baby in the future. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks we had a oops and I'm too ashamed to fess up. I do think I look much cuter pretend pregnant than I ever did in actuality.

Also, details on the what you're doing franciejones?

Last edited by Nagazim; 06-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #12  
13 pds in 7 days!

Quote:

High fat (80%) and low carb. Atkins. I get less than 15 carbs per day. It has been working WONDERS. I lost 13 pounds in the first two weeks
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #13  
13 pds in 7 days!

Typical menu

Deviled eggs throughout the day...5 to 7 (halves..not whole eggs)
I put about a tablespoon of coconut oil into my coffees. I have about 4 tablespoons per day.

A fatty dinner..last night was 6 jumbo shrimp...sautéed in butter with about 2 TBSP of hollandaise sauce.

Fat fat and MORE fat. I failed at Atkins once because I thought it meant HIGH protein..

Now..I get anywhere from 15 to 18% of my calories from protein...OR anywhere from 20 to 30 grams.

I thought I would hate it..but I LOVE it. I feel very good.

Today, instead of deviled eggs....I ate 13 jalapeno poppers throughout my workday. Tonight I am having ground beef (75% fat) with taco seasonings with a giant dollop of sour cream on it. (about 2 - 3 TBSP)
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Yes, fat tummy here too. Drives me absolutely crazy. And I lose weight everywhere else first!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2"

My fiance and I have the same body type, and it is ANNOYING! We are losing together, and we both tend to lose weight everywhere else first before our tummies go down, which makes us look really ridiculous for a while. We are close though, and we tease each other about how stupid we look. It's funny because we're in the same boat.

It does get better! It's discouraging, but when the belly starts to go down it is extremely noticeable. When you get thinner, you may never have bombshell curves but your body type will lend itself to a powerful, athletic look which is very sexy in its own right. Think of a Cameron Diaz instead of a Catherine Zeta-Jones type.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote