Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #1  

Default Healthy timeline to lose 40 lbs?

Sick of this struggle. I need to lose 40 lbs. I am sick of trying to lose weight and binging two days later. I find it so hard to eat healthy. I like exercising but I eat horribly. I was wondering what is a healthy timeline to lose 40 lbs? Also how have people done it? Im sick of this. Please help.
huskyfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #2  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I am doing Weight Watchers and there they tell us about 2 lbs a week is healthy and VERY doable. But, I have noticed, men tend to lose weight quicker than women. Staying focused is the key. You can't expect to see changes the day you change your diet or get some exercise in.

40 lbs is totally doable!! Come hang around 3fc, we'll motivate the h*ll outta ya!

Last edited by smashlers; 06-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #3  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Well...I've lost a little over 40 lbs so far in the past 9 weeks, but I started out at over 300 lbs...the heavier you are the faster you will lose the weight at first - but that only lasts for so long and the big thing for me has been pretty radically changing my diet. I cut out pretty much all processed foods and I keep careful track of my calorie intake. I try to exercise several times a week, but for the most part it's been my diet. I went from eating what I would guess to be about 4-5 thousand calories a day to around 1600-1800. If you are very active, and depending on your weight, you would probably want to eat more than that.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #4  

Height: 5"6

Welcome to 3FC! I lost 40 lbs in 5 months by watching my calories and working out a few times a week. It is TOTALLY doable, so long as you are not already at a healthy weight Best of luck!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

That you're binging after 2 days, might mean you are restricting yourself too much. What are you doing to lose weight? Are you counting calories, exercising? Cutting carbs?
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #6  

no counting calories.I hate carb cutting. I exercise about 45 minutes a day five days a week,but I always binge. Im like a drug addict w/food.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #7  

Your fitness level sounds great, but I've found that my effort in the kitchen was always worth more on the scale than my effort in the gym. What does a binge look like for you? It sounds like a change is in order. I hear you when you say you hate calorie counting and carb cutting but you sound like you hate being overweight too. Which do you hate more?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #8  

I don't hate calorie counting. I can do that it is just tough because I failed so many other times. So I wind up binging and say wow I cant do this and just say f it. I literally try to start a diet everyday. It is miserable. WHen I do not eat sugars an fats it feels like I am dying. I am miserable.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #9  

Right on, sorry for misreading that first part I am sorry to hear you are miserable but honestly, coming here what a smart move! We all know EXACTLY how you feel! Just take it one day at a time! And if it feels like a diet, it's hard to sustain it. Maybe start small by moderating certain foods that are triggers for you? ie) If you drink 4 pepsis a day, have 3 tomorrow?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

It seems like "dieting" might be a bit overwhelming for you. But the good thing is you can probably drop some weight with a few changes to your eating or at least stop your weight from climbing.

In order to really consistently lose weight you are going to have make a significant change to your diet, whether that be calorie counting, following a diet plan (ex. Paleo, WW's) and exercising. You've got the exercising down. Now maybe start by making small changes to your diet that might help you not binge.

For example, if you drink a lot of pop, try switching it all to diet and then maybe try to subsitute a few of those pops for water every week.

If you love pizza, and normally binge by eating 6 slices. Still eat pizza but try to only eat 2 or 3. Nothing in your diet should really be off limits. But you need to start exercising some sort of portion control.

Figuring out what is behind your binging is going to go a long way to helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Are you feeling deprived? Are you a bored eater, emotional eater?

Try not to stress about it, making a life style change can take time, you may screw up a million times, but if you get back on track 1 million and 1 you've won the battle.

Last edited by charliee; 06-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #11  

Well I quit soft drinks all together. I find by keeping myself hydrated with water all day. I do not even crave soft drinks. Somebody once told me to add foods to my diet like vegetables to fill me up so I may start that and try to cut my appetite. I bought a juicer so I am going to try that. Thanks everyone for the wisdom.