Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

Default Weight loss, gain, loss, gain what is going on here?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure what is going on with my body for the last two weeks but I figured maybe if I share what's been happening maybe some of you can toss ideas out there as to what's causing this. Since winter finally lifted it's cold gripping fingers off of us I started walking again. I've been doing great and getting it in about 5 days a week. I've stayed on a healthy diet since I started it last summer. So that's been good. Since I started walking again I was dropping weight pretty quick then I gained about 2lbs back. I know this is normal when you first start working out after not doing so for a while. But then I gained 2 more lbs within a day. Then I dropped 3 in a day, then gained 5 in two day, then dropped few more lbs, now I gained 5 and it's not budging, at all. At first I thought maybe water weight and waited. But scale still not dropping. I thought maybe I ate something that tends to make me retain water. But when I think back, I can't think of anything and by now the fluid would be gone. Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do to try to stop it? This is getting frustrating and I'm starting to lose motivation.
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I had this happen last week where I lost a good amount of weight for the week before, then after a long day of exercising (walked NYC), I gained almost 3 lbs, and it took until yesterday for it to all come off. I don't want to sound too personal, but could it be time-of-the-month? I'm finding my weight fluctuates a lot and is generally higher during that week, even with proper diet, exercise and lots of water.

I'm sure it will come off, it might just take an extra day or two =)
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

^ what buffin said. :-) water weight.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/256/185

Height: 5'9

Are you sleeping well? I've found that when I don't sleep well (that'd be around 8 hours a night for me) I'm not losing weight and sometimes I gain a few pounds.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Could there be anything wrong with your scale?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post
I don't want to sound too personal, but could it be time-of-the-month?
I thought of that but it's been like this for two weeks normally with my time of month I gain 3lbs for about 3 days then it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Are you sleeping well? I've found that when I don't sleep well (that'd be around 8 hours a night for me) I'm not losing weight and sometimes I gain a few pounds.
You know last three weeks I've been lucky if I even get 5-6 hours of sleep. Most of the time it's 4 or less. I think that could be it. Sadly with the amount of stressed I'm under right now I don't think I'll be getting good sleep in the next few weeks..... You know a mixture of no sleep and stress could very well be what's causing it.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #7  

Quick update, I lost that 5lbs. I think Nick was right about the lack of sleep. Since then I've been forcing myself to bed earlier then I had been and oocuping my mind until I fell asleep so I couldn't focus on stress. I also prettty much got rid of one of the major stressers in my life so that helped make sleep easier. Cause that's all I had done was get more sleep and doing a lot of different things to relax and destress.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Great news...congrats! Thanks for posting an update.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Great news...congrats! Thanks for posting an update.
Thanks!
Another thing I did was avoid getting on the scale and getting bummed until I jumped on today.