Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default Total Lean?

ANyone tried the TotalLean from GNC? Havent really heard anything about it...
Old 10-25-2003, 10:20 PM   #2  

I have taken them for a month, and have lost upwards of 10 pounds (give/take) with just watching what I've been eating. They're working really good for me.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:58 AM   #3  

Kool, thanks for the information, I've been thinking about trying it, and just wanted to make sure that it somewhat worked... : )
Old 10-26-2003, 09:43 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

A bit late to the party, but check this recent thread out...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ght=Total+Lean

And Suzanne 3FC's response therein:
Quote:
From another post..

The active ingredient in Total Lean is caffeine , with a 2 tablet dosage providing the same amount of caffeine that is contained in 2 or 3 cups of coffee. The other ingredients (black tea extract, grape skin extract, ginger root extract, grape seed extract, and dill weed extract) have not been proven to assist in weight loss in any manner. These are just the latest "miracle" products that are included in this and other weight loss supplements based on some very unclinical observations. Some of these items ARE antioxidants and can be helpful in the treatment or prevention of heart disease and cancer. Unfortunatley, the Total Lean label doesn't tell us how much of these antioxidants are in each serving, so they may not contain enough to benefit a bird. Also, since these products are unregulated, they may contain any amount of any of these ingredients, from a miniscule fraction of one thing, to dangerously high levels of another. They may also contain contaminants.

The Total Lean plan includes a 1500 calorie diet plan which is low fat and high fiber. If you follow this diet plan, you will lose weight. The pills have nothing to do with it. The plan is available on their site for free.
Look - notwithstanding MellyWelly's comments, I've been doing this for awhile - lost and (more importantly) KEPT OFF well over 100 pounds for 13 years now...and I gotta tell ya - I know a LOT of folks who have taken 'fat burners' or 'diet pills' and the thing is...people tend to forget that the important thing about losing weight isn't the LOSING of the weight, but MAINTAINING the weight loss. Most of the folks I know (either in person or via email) use the pills, lose some weight, adjust to the pills' effects (basically the way folks addicted to meth need more and more to get the same buzz) and the weight comes POURING back on - along with a few friends that come for the ride...

I'm not saying these pills are totally useless - I know quite a few folks who are dedicated fitness trainers, bodybuilders, etc who do use them (but then again, I know an equal number of dedicated folks who just have a cup of strong coffee in the morning before their workout - it basically does the same thing anyway...only a lot cheaper). BUT...and this is a BIG BUT...these gals and guys KNOW that these pills are NOT magic. They KNOW that without eating right, exercising, and more importantly making those eating and exercise habits PERMANENT...they might as well be flushing their money down the toilet.

I've said this before - I know that we have ALL seen the multi-page advertisements with the incredible before-and-after photos touting this or that 'magic fat burning pill'. One thing you NEED to keep in mind is that most - if not all - of those photos are of FITNESS MODELS or fitness competitors whose livelihood depends on being in top shape with a very low bodyfat percentage. And trust me, while they took the 'magic pill' that they tout in the ads...their success comes from DIET and EXERCISE. If they just took the pill, they MIGHT lose a few pounds, but that would mostly be water.

Just my two cents...like Dr. Phil has been saying (and I've said all along) the key to losing weight PERMANENTLY is through LIFESTYLE changes made by yourself, not by the so-called 'miracle products' that come down the pike so frequently...educate yourself, clean out your kitchen, make a commitment - a permanent commitment - towards changing your life for the better!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:59 PM   #5  

I have been taking Total Lean for going on a month now. I do love the energy it gives me and I'm sure my workout helps out the most with that. Have lost about 15lbs in last month just watching bad carbs and eating right. FATKAT2
Old 10-31-2003, 11:01 AM   #6  

Be careful with these medications... I just don't know if I trust them. I would like to think that you have lost the weight from eating well. Keep up the good work, and remember anything that gives you energy is putting stress on your heart, please be careful. Exercise always ups my energy level, and allows my to splurge every now and again. Just MHO. Happy Halloween.
Closed Thread