South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Mesmerized Monday Beach Chat 6/3

More like comatose lol. We are quite humid again this morning. It should break later today. Garden got a good soaking last night. Thank you Mother Nature. Nothing on tap except work. How is your day shaping up? Very excited had my first summer peach last night. Oh so delicious!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ick - it is so humid! I jumped on the computer to check the weather before I went out - but 3FC was more important . Mmmm...peaches!

I will check back later!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

Jekel- Oooh peaches. I love peaches! Jealous. Do you do anything with the peaches, other than eat them plain- jam, preserves, pies?

Tammy- Of course 3FC is more important! Duh Hope your weather turns out nice.

It's not too humid just yet, but I have a feeling that will change! When I lived in Florida, I never thought I'd ever be saying this, but OMG IS IT WINTER YET???!!!! It's too stinking HOT!

Starting over again today. Weighed this morning and I'm up TEN pounds in 2 months. Granted, I'm sure some of it is water weight. I take a twice-daily diuretic per doctor's orders, and I ran out a few days ago. Got my prescription re-filled last night, and I'm ready to go (punny!) this morning.

Ugh. Will someone invent a SUCCESSFUL "frat boy" diet, please? I'd be good at beer and pizza! I'm making a commitment to YOU LADIES (since apparently commitments to myself fall to the wayside when faced with stromboli and powdered mini doughnuts) that I WILL be OP for the rest of the month. I'm going to do an extended P1 to kick this.

Hope you ladies have an awesome Monday! *wanders off humming "I Will Survive" *
Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning How can it be the start of the work week already? On the plus side I am no officially at 80% and this is my first short week We will celebrate by going to the Cape camping, birding, and biking. First though, three days of work including 14 hours Wed.

Jennifer - I so love fresh peaches. It's much too early for ours but I've noticed some strawberries showing up. I love this time of year.

Twynn - Weather and 3FC are my morning must stops. How was your camping weekend?

penmage - I'm coming back after a 6 month eating frenzy. I regained about 20 lbs, so not happy with myself. For now I'm focusing on just getting healthy again - fresh air, exercise, and good food choices. We can do this.

Okay, time to get the day moving. Happy Monday!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - our humidity is finally gone. Yesterday was pretty bad but my house was nice and cool. This morning I have most of the windows open. Fresh air is so much better than using the AC especially when it carries a waft or scent from the iris into the house.

Had a really relaxing day yesterday puttering around the house. I was considering finishing cleaning the front porch but decided that could wait until it cooled down a bit. I actually sat down in the parlour and read the local newspapers. The dogs were a bit concerned because I seldom do that in the daytime.

Off to the quilting biddies meeting this morning. I have to lay it on the line about accounting procedures for Charitable receipts. I don't know why they gripe - I'm the one that does all the work. (Some of them have stashes of fabric they want to donate but want tax receipts. No can do unless they have sales slips or an official valuation from an expert.) It will be a trial of my patience.

I hope to opt out of the meeting at noon and come home to do some garden stuff. The Village planters are all done so it's time to focus on MY gardens. I have a funeral to go to in Kingston tomorrow and may work in a trip to a garden centre when I'm there.

On we go - looking for something to mesmerize us. Maybe watching the hummingbirds at the feeder?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Rain showers here and very warm and humid on this Monday morning. At least we won't have to water.

Now you all have me thinking peaches, and I think I'll pop one in my smoothie for breakfast. I bought a bushel of them last summer to freeze and still have some left. I'm looking forward to the first fresh ones of this season, though!

It was a productive weekend of taking the rest of my mother's things to Goodwill, then purging my own closets, and opening our pool. So sure, now it's raining and the grandkids are anxious to swim, .

I know I'll have a busy day at the farm after the weekend, and now it's polo season so we'll be busy with that. This is the girls' last full week of school and they are antsy and excited for summer vacation to start. I always feel sorry for the teachers this time of year.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #7  

Ooooooh, cottage, can I stop by and take a dip in your pool?! A fresh peach would be lovely as well.

Wow, I go off on a walk/run this AM, come back, and look how many have checked in ?!?!

Cyndi - glad you are all moved in. I'm so jealous of 80% time!

Penmage - I am at that time, since it's been difficult to relose a few pounds, of "is it worth it?!?". Do I want to be skinnier more than I want that (brownie, butter, bread, chips, etc)? *sigh* and I know it's only going to get worse!!

Ruth - (a client just named her baby Ruth ) good for you for poppin' a squat yesterday!

I may not be having the eating thing down pat lately, but am quite happy with the exercise...I walked/jogged over 90 miles last month! I'll wander over to the exercise thread next and sign up to see if I can break 100 .

Today I need to catch up with groceries, etc. I didn't intend on a walk this AM, but since I couldn't sleep, I hauled my butt out of bed. DS has a dr. appt this afternoon, and then baking goodies for the teachers tomorrow. I can't believe Thursday is the last day of school!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-03-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #8  

BTW - camping was AWESOME!! We LOVED it!! The 24 hours leading up to it were horrible, but once we got there, everything was better . We can't wait to go again!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Peaches. Yum. Any summer fruit... love them.

I work out this morning with mom and trainer. Then DH and I will get in another short "hike." This afternoon I have my follow-up with the podiatrist. Probably it will be a waste of time. I'd have to say my foot has maybe improved some but is soooo not back to normal. Tonight we go for dinner at my BIL's where he has some old school buddies coming. Supposedly they remember DH from when he was tagging along as a kid.

Have a great day.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Haven't had peaches yet. However, strawberries are coming into our market by the truckload! And they are flying off the shelves! Absolutely delicious!

Still at the beginning stages of "dieting". Going to go to the store today to get safe foods. So far, so good today. That is usually how to it works for me, though. I can't put down on my calender that today I will start my diet. It just has to happen when I am ready.

Busy day ahead though. Gonna get my eyebrows waxed before heading an hour out of town for work. Stressed because I gotta make a long trip to the DMV this week. Pfft.

Also, I am wishing it was winter. I know, I know. Blasphemy!

Hope everyone has an excellent day!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! I get my books from Amazon, today! I also find out about a second interview, today! Ttyl.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #12  

Finishing up P1 tomorrow! I'm worried, excited about starting P2. Mostly, I'm ready to get exercising more seriously (I have tried to stick to low impact exercises like walking during P1).

Quick question about P2. So, I'm adding quinoa in the first week. Is this a good starting food? Or are there other better options?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Y'all... I haven't been here in ages.. but it's great to see familiar names still on the forum!! my hubby and I just got home from vacation to the beach and are ready to hit the beach again. the south beach that is! LOL
it's a beautiful day out.. and I get to spend most of it at work, I did get a little gym time this morning, but not much, woke up with a lot of lower back pain. I plan on going for a nice walk this evening after supper. it's great to be back here! looking forward to reading your posts...
Tina
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Try adding blueberries or another fruit, CoCo! Welcome back, Phins!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Coco Local add what makes you happy Quinoa is a very good choice as it is quite versatile. For me, I couldn't wait to have apples again. I tend to do best if I limit grains. Don't be upset if you stall a little in P2. I didn't lose anything the first two weeks, but I didn't gain either My system needed to adjust itself. Once it did, my weight loss varied between a half a pound to two pounds a week. I'll take a loss any day Good luck in P2
Closed Thread