Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default Compression Garments

For a while I have been thinking about this. My body has all these little fat patches and as much as exercise can help... I feel like it won't completely do it. I was wondering if anyone tried compression garments worn a lot to reshape their body.
Some sites say it won't do anything... some sites say it will.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Do you mean things like Spanx? I just bought some and they were horrible for me to wear and I couldn't wait to take them off. Once I took them off, I couldn't tell the difference in my appearance. Maybe they were too small.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Do you mean things like Spanx? I just bought some and they were horrible for me to wear and I couldn't wait to take them off. Once I took them off, I couldn't tell the difference in my appearance. Maybe they were too small.
Yes but also I was thinking of these garments made especially for post lipo. They are more designed to move fat around. You would have to wear them for a long time.. (maybe a year) but that might be better than lipo.
Emma4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #4  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Friends who had surgery requiring the garments had to wear them for about 6-8 weeks full time. This was more to prevent stress on the scars than to reduce fat.

Some area's of our body are meant to be loose and soft to the touch and eye and changing that is difficult and usually has risks involved (read up on corset wearers who cinch their waists - it can be dangerous).

Keep up with a good healthy diet and exercise, it's slower but better for you.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma4545 View Post
Yes but also I was thinking of these garments made especially for post lipo. They are more designed to move fat around. You would have to wear them for a long time.. (maybe a year) but that might be better than lipo.
I have to wear them now (i'm post lipo) but they are NOT COMFORTABLE. They are to help your skin be smooth as it readheres to the body underneath. I don't know if it would work to wear them for general reduction/smoothing purposes...but I am also not a doctor.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote