Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #1  

Default How do i get slimmer in my lower body?

I'm a normal weight person but I have skinny upper and relatively chubby lower body. (especially my butt and thighs)
I dropped my body fat percentage from 22% to 14% but I lost weight mostly in my upper body. I did a diet and exercise 2 hours everyday including weight lifting and power walking. However, I eventually got tired of everything because I became so obsessed with eating and exercise. Also, I felt weak and sleepy most of the time.

Now I put on some weight after taking 4-month rest and I feel awful about myself. So I've started running for an hour everyday since last month. I really want to have slim hips and thighs. I'm thinking about liposuction too because exercising doesn't seem to work for me.
Can you give any advice? I'd really appreciate your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdffsdsfd.jpg (13.8 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by cyndii; 06-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
cyndii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #2  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

I wouldn't call your lower body chubby at all! You look great! I understand though that we all have our own look and composition that is comfortable for us.

I'm also naturally bigger on my bottom than on my top. Nothing ever really changed that for me until I did Brazil Butt Lift. That workout really toned up my bottom half. I rave about it and recommend it to anyone who voices my pear shaped pain.

It's intense though, but I think someone who can run for an hour (wtg!) would adapt pretty quickly.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

If only I knew the answer to this question... I'd really like to have slim hips and thighs, too. I don't really want to get any thinner on my top half; the weight's got to start coming off my hips and thighs, right???
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

As far as I understand, when we lose weight, we just become smaller versions of ourselves. So, if you're naturally a pear shape, you probably will always be. You can definitely tone your body, but I don't think you can do anything more, other than surgically. I think you look great too, but I also understand if you're not happy with your appearance. However, before embarking on a path to surgery, I really recommend trying to love your body and yourself. Some people have surgery and then they have more and more because they're never satisfied because they have body dysmorphia and they see faults that others don't. I hope you won't take offense to my comments.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

If that's your picture, you look just fine -- more than fine. There's not the slightest need for surgery, IMO. I agree with those who suggest working on self-acceptance.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Simple answer? Get different parents. Your genetics are what they are and you can't change them.

It's not uncommon for women to become very learn in their upper bodies and still plenty of padding on their thighs, hips and buttocks.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Have you been doing weight training for your legs? I found my legs look their best when I am doing deadlifts, squats, squats with weights, leg presses, and variations of exercises for the hip abd/adductors (like roundhouse kicks!). Also, zumba gave my legs more tone than running did, mainly because of how many different directions and ways I moved them.

To comment on your previous weight loss....14% body fat for a woman is professional athlete territory. Most women want to aim for 18-22%. You said you were tired, weak, and sleepy most of the time, which to me suggests you were not loosing weight in a healthy way. Make sure you are getting a balanced diet, which usually is at least 1200 calories and is a mix of lean proteins, carbs, and some fats. Especially if you weight train, you need protein to rebuild your muscles. There is a lot of information out there on what kind of eating habits may work best for you, so do a little research. Recommended cardio is 30-60 minutes a day, and strength training 3-5 times a week. You don't need to overdo it to get the results you want.

Please think carefully before any kind of surgery. I personally think you look amazing! While we all have "that look" we want to achieve, make sure you are not so obsessed with a look that you risk giving up your health and sanity to achieve it. I may want to reduce the size of my thighs and belly, but I still love my body for everything it can do and how strong and toned it already is. Please give your self esteem some love
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Simple answer? Get different parents. Your genetics are what they are and you can't change them.
This made me smile. I'm going to have to break the news to my parents I'm ditching them for some new and improved after all these years!

To the OP: I think you look great! I know that's probably not what you want to hear but everything looks perfect to me.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote