Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 06:39 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #35

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #35

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN

Last edited by gma22; 10-25-2003 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:41 AM   #2  

Well I am up but not to at em yet. I purposely got up a little early so I could get everything done before I went. You know me, never leave an untidy house!

POINTS FOR THUR:

Sandy/giggle

Talk to you when I get home girls!

Faye
Old 10-25-2003, 06:56 AM   #3  

Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 1 for water. 1 pt for exercise (did the 2 miles on the 3 mile watp tape, whew what a difference, it is much faster pace than the 2 mile tape, but I am going to keep on keeping on. Not giving myself program pts for yesterday.... I stayed within calorie range and fat grams (shocker), but I had a cheesburger and fries....it was delicious...but immediately afterwards I started beating myself up. (dont need to do that!!), I have only had 3 burgers since I started this thing, and that was the first one from fast food place... (ugh!) other I cooked on the George Foreman grill..but nonetheless, I indulged and today is another day girlies.

Getting ready for work, but did have to confess and speak to Faye. I WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU GIRL!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR DOING THIS, YOU ARE AMAZING, AND I LOVE YOU!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURE OF YOU AT THAT FINISH LINE!!

All the rest of you gals have a great day!
Old 10-25-2003, 09:14 AM   #4  

Let's see FAYE--
By now you're 9 minutes into your walk.........you're feelin' AWESOME, maybe even a little nervous still.....but you're doing it, you're really doing it! I"m So Proud of You! Can't WAIT to see that picture, though I can already see it in my mind. I'll be rooting you on all morning.

GO FAYE GO GO FAYE GO GO FAYE GO

WE LOVE YOU FAYE!!!!!!

and that's all I have to say about that.
Julie

oh wait, I got 4 points yesterday too.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:16 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Yeaaaaaaaaah Faye! - I expect you are finished now (I don't know the time in the US). Well done! Let us know how it went.

Thanks for the menu's - I'll print them off and have a good look at them later. One question - when it says 100/20, does that mean 20 calories of fat or 20% fat?. I'm going to have to adapt them a bit as I'm a vegetarian and some of the foods we don't get in the UK - but it's a really good base to start from and get some good ideas.

Well, I've had an eventful morning - I had to go to the doctor at 8.30am as I've got an inflammation of my eye called Iritis. The doctor wasn't sure what to do so she sent me to see the consultant opthalmologist at the hospital. I've had it before and it's quite painful, but they don't know why it occurs. I've got to take steroid eyedrops for the next 5 weeks. The really good thing was that I had lots of waiting around to do and I didn't give in and have a smoke!. My chest has been really sore today - I think it's clearing out some of the toxins and opening up my airways again, which is good - although I started coughing and it was really painful and I was sick! Oh, the joys of giving up smoking - I deserve everything I get for being stupid enough to start in the first place!

I'm looking forward to re-structuring my diet - I've ordered a book which lists the calorie/fat/carb content of all foods, which will be really helpful. I'm feeling positive about making a completely fresh start - it's just what I need!

I got 1 point yesterday - must do better!

Amanda xxxx
Old 10-25-2003, 05:39 PM   #6  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINT!

me
Pam
Amanda
Julie

Great job everyone!

Amanda: The first number is the calories and the second number if the number of fat calories NOT the percentage of fat calories, like for the WW dinners I said 400/80 that is 400 calories and 80 calories of that is fat.

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT! I was even two minutes faster than my fastest time for walking 3 miles! The race started 45 minutes late and by the time I got to the finish line, I was almost dead last, but I could have cared less!

Ok, here goes the pictures. I don't know how to put multiple ones on one post so I will have to post them separately.

My daughter and I before the race started. She was SO wonderful and supportive and squeezed my hand, ask me if I was ready and told me "I am proud of you." Right before the gun went off.

Last edited by gma22; 10-25-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:43 PM   #7  

This was as I crossed the finish line. My daughter was just a little ahead of me and Jack shot this pic. I was sobbing so hard and the people I know thought I was nuts. I was one of the last ones to cross the finish line, but I didn't care because I DID IT!!
Old 10-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #8  

Kelly and I at the finish line after the race. What a wonderful experience for me!
Old 10-25-2003, 06:55 PM   #9  
I Can and I Will

I AM SO PROUD OF U FAYE!!!!! U ROCK!!!!!!
The pictures are wonderful... i LOVE the red hair!! lol looking good.... I got points yesterday only for water... but today is looking good. still no exercising til i feel 100%. Cant seem to kick this yuck... Altho... i found my ankel weights and have had them on all day... does that count as exercise?? lol I think so... so yeah i am exercising...lol! This yuck is in my sinuses and its horrible... i am taking 2 different kinds of meds to try and get it outta me... Hope everyone had a fabulous day. Take care of u...
love you all...

Sandy
Old 10-25-2003, 06:57 PM   #10  

YAAAAAYYYYYY FAAAYYYYYEEEEEE

I cried when I saw those pictures of you! YOU ROCK BABY CAKES!! I know you'll treasure today for the rest of your life. I bet you don't take that t-shirt off for a week

I love you and am soooo proud of you!
Julie
Old 10-26-2003, 12:28 AM   #11  

Faaaaaayyeeee You did it girl I knew you could...never doubted you for a second...and I must add maganged to look beautiful while doing it too...We are all very proud of you

I got 3 pts for today. Okay girls had a busy day so I gotta get to bed now...good night.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:29 AM   #12  

oops mispelled..."managed" to look beautiful Faye.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:45 AM   #13  

POINTS WRAPUP:

Dorothy:

Dorothy: You talked about beautiful, but dh and dd were teasing me because I was one of the few women with jewelry and full makeup on! I even color coordinated my earrings and fanny pack to match the purple in the shirt!!!! Jack said, "You matched your earrings and stuff to your shirt, didn't you?" I told him yes and he laughed and said "I should have guessed you wouldn't go out without being perfect. Doesn't matter if you are going to be sweaty or not."

On to Sunday girlies!

Faye
Old 10-26-2003, 06:56 AM   #14  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday. Today's silly poll is:

NOW, WE ARE ALL DRESSED IN A MASCOT COSTUME OF SOME SORT, DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT IS SPORTS TEAMS, COLLEGE, WHATEVER. THE POINT IS NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE AT ALL.

THE POLL: WHAT OUTRAGEOUS THING WOULD YOU DO IF ANY, KNOWING NO ONE WOULD EVER FIND OUT IT WAS YOU?!

You know this poll thing, gets hard when you have done it awhile. I have to think of things to "poll."

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: MAKE SURE YOU ROLLED BACK THE CLOCK FOR THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP!

My answer to the poll is I would probably find the most gorgeous man and flirt outrageously with him, sit on his lap, etc.

Well, I need to work on my grocery list and to do that I have to go through the next two weeks menus so I need to get to it even though it is early.

Faye
Old 10-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #15  

FAYE!!

WOW HONEY! THAT IS MAGNIFICENT!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT SWEETIE, AND I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!! PLEASE EMAIL ME THAT PIC OF YOU CROSSING THE FINISH LINE AND ONE BEFORE RACE WITH YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER! I WILL PUT IT IN MY JOURNAL AND ON MY FRIDGE FOR INSPIRATION!! YOU ROCK GIRL!! EMAIL: [email protected].
Thanks (and thanks so much for cheering us on everyday. I love you!

All the rest of you chicks, catch up with you later. Busy weekend,. but fabulous! had two friends visiting (from out of town, wanted to see fall foliage so we rode over to Desota Falls State Park, had dinner and came back. It was cool and crisp and wonderful..had not seen them since last spring, so it was toooo fun! just couldnt stay long, they left this am to drive back home ( a 5 hour trip)...so now I gotta get ready for work

Have a healthful day all...oh pts, almost forgot, Friday 3 pts, no exercise, yesterday 3 pts, no exercise, but today already did my 2 miles.feeling strong. See you chickies next time.

toodles
Closed Thread