View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
SouthernMaven
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
I hope people will continue to use this thread to vent their struggles in letting go of the dieting mentality and provide any new insights they have discovered along their journey. For me "positive results" doesn't mean achieving a certain weight/shape/health etc., but in finding some kind of balance where one can find peace of mind without having food rule over every aspect of their life.
veggiedaze - So glad you were able to start the new thread! I was beginning to worry if I had stopped it in its tracks when I suggested that you begin a second one - and that would have been a great loss. This has been one of the most informative threads on 3FC. Thank you for continuing it.

Quote:
As for me, I just got back from vacation. The tail end was a little heavy on the social indulgences. In the past, I would have viewed it as an epic failure and would have applied some strict rules once returning home in an attempt to reign myself in. But now I see it as a huge learning experience in letting go of the guilt, not seeing things as black and white, and just doing the best I can in the moment. I am not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow. I am just thinking about today and this moment. I hope to hear some new stories on this thread, and the wonderful suggestions and advice of others who have found any success in non-dieting.

How is everyone doing anyways?
I also went on a mini-vacation, and I promised myself that I wouldn't even think about the food I was eating. I was able to do that and did not over-indulge, although I drank far too much wine! I can relate to exactly what you're saying - In the past I would have thought "Okay, now I have to start really buckling down, counting calories, exercise X amount per day" yadayadayada. But none of that - any more. It's such a wonderful feeling of freedom.

I hope everyone will continue to share their experiences here.

- Rob Stevens, The Overfed Head

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote