South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Jump Into June Weekend - June 1st and 2nd

Good morning. It's definitely a morning for coffee on the deck and no need for a sweater. It's a balmy 20ºC/68ºF and a feeling of rain in the air. I am trying to ignore the predicted high for the day, especially when we have the service of deconsecration of our Church at 2 this afternoon. It's going to be really steamy in the Church. I may even feel sorry for the Bishop in his robes and silly hat!

Been having trouble with a tooth the past week and it finally blew up yesterday. Of course my dentist is closed but wonderful Dr Jack gave me an antibiotic and some pain killers which certainly helped overnight. I see a Monday dental appointment in my future.

On a brighter note, my white iris and purple allium are in bloom today, soon to be joined by pink peonies. What a gorgeous time of year! Next onstage will be the mock orange my grandma planted when the house was built. Did I ever mention how much I love my garden?

I have "stuff" to do around the house this morning. I've been too busy with the Mill, Town Hall and village planters to even properly tidy my kitchen. Time to switch into Susie Homemaker mode.

Raising my mug in a toast to the weekend!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleepy Beachers I'm heading out to the porch myself this morning. The hermit thrush has been singing since 4:30 so I might as well admire it

I'm heading to Boston for DD's dress fitting then an overnight and the Boston AIDS walk tomorrow. It will be nice to spend a little Mom time with her though I wish it wasn't quite so hot down there.

We finished moving yesterday (I may mention that a few more times ) and are now officially living in just one house. Now for the unpacking, rearranging, and settling in. We already realized we needed more kitchen cabinets and those went up while I was out of town last week. I suspect Home Depot will be the Friday date night go to place for awhile.

Now to check on my new perennial bed. It was so hot yesterday we had to replant the perennials from my place as soon as we got here. So far almost everything looks happy.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! First day of June and the flowers are in bloom. Sorry I've been scarce all week, but it's been a terribly busy one for me, and it's been hard to resist sitting outside with my coffee in the early mornings while the air is so fresh and cool.

It looks like things are starting to settle down now that the horse show is over (with several awards and blue ribbons! ), and I can spend the nights back in my own house again and get back to a semblance of normal routine again, such as it is. On today's agenda - groceries and helping Jake open the pool. We're lagging in both, and the latter, much to the grandkids dismay. We'll get that fixed today, though.

Ruth, I'm glad you got some pain relievers to carry you through the weekend, and get yourself to the dentist first thing on Monday, whether the tooth still hurts or not.

Cyndi, I know it's a huge relief to be finally all moved in, and that's great that you could bring your perrenial garden along, too. I'd have done the same thing, and I hope they adjust quickly to their new home. Have a safe and fun trip to Boston!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-01-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so glad that so many chicks are also gardeners! I too, love this time of year and watching the progression of daffodils to lilacs to iris. DH sometimes seems to think I'm a little crazy when I want to dig up another spot and fill it with perennials. I tell him it's less mowing for him but he (jokingly) says it's just another obstacle to mow around. But I get great satisfaction from admiring my beauties.

Anyway, I am planning on spending some time with both the veggies and the flowers today. I picked up a few annuals yesterday so I'll get those in the ground as well.

Other than that, I will do a few loads of laundry and try to sneak in some cleaning.

Hope everyone has a fresh cup o' joe to sip while you plan the day!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yesterday got crazy. Moments after I posted we lost power. (I can't remember the last time that happened; living in a place prone to storms, all our lines are underground.) DH and I spent the next two hours bailing out our sump pump. The backup system couldn't get ahead of the torrential waters. It stopped raining in time for me to get to they gym. (Power was still off here so I at almonds for breakfast.) When I got home I joined our neighbors for hours of clean up in the water-damaged basement of the family who is out-of-town for their daughter's cancer treatment. They have no insurance for sump pump failure so we even pulled up and hauled out the carpet to keep the cost down for the restoration company. I was drained! But glad that at my own house the water damage was minimal.

Today DH and I will finally try a short hike in our boots. My foot still hurts but might finally be improving. Woo hoo.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

Hope y'all don't mind me jumping on in. I had a very successful Day 1 yesterday. I've tried SB before but didn't make it very far before deciding I wanted to try Atkins. I'm not looking for fast loss anymore I'm looking for long term health. I had lost almost 100 lbs by last spring and then lots happened in life and I gained back 35lbs. Ready to get it back off.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back, armywife!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Armywife! Good for u surviving Day 1 of SBD. Dr. A. is gonna be on the Dr. Oz show on 6/3 (Monday)!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. I am on Day 6 of 7 straight working and think I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel now. Woot woot! Apparently I wore myself out at the gym this morning b/c I overslept and didn't even wake up until 4 this afternoon. Oops!

Welcome back, armywife! And to all you other ladies, too!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!
We've had some really busy days here trying to get a lot of yardwork done while having some fun and relaxation, too. The pool has been wonderful and I hate to leave but we'll head back over after church tomorrow. Food has been OP... I'm always grateful for that.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Phew another early long day lol. Glad to see everyone is having a good start to their weekend...Karen I hope your power issues are resolved!

Joe and I went for his first official ride on his new bike. He did great especially with the heat! Hopefully we can do this more often

Wish the heat would break because I am retaining water big time!

Oh well time to finish my squats
Old 06-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Oh well time to finish my squats
Oh yay, are you doing the squat challenge, too??? Or is that just a regular thing for you??? I just completed the challenge and I'm pretty pleased w/ the toning and lift in my booty.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning sitting in my car before going in for work. It's going to be another hot one!

Natasha this is a "new thing" for me. My booty needs a little lift lol. I saw your exercise posts and was inspired to do it too Next month I plan on adding the crunches.

Sigh, I guess I should get motivated for work. I am in full blown summer mode. Which translates to I want to be on vacation all summer lol

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts later. Have a great day
Old 06-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a gorgeous Sunday morning here with curtains billowing in the breeze and the scent of fresh coffee in the air. It's going to be another scorcher today, so I'm really enjoying it now before closing up the house and turning on the AC.

This darned heat wave has caused my spinach to bolt already, although I managed to get one more big bag of it and stashed it in the fridge. I picked a big batch of kale while I was at it and have that in the dehydrator for kale chips.

This morning Jake and I are going over to Dad's so Jake can get his lawn mowed and trim before it gets too hot while I write out some checks and balance Dad's checkbook. Then this afternoon I plan to have my first swim of the season and lounge around the pool for the rest of the day. We'll probably just do burgers and brats on the grill for supper, along with a big salad.

How's your Sunday shaping up?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Natasha - LOVE your avatar.

Did our short hike yesterday and (despite feeling aches and pains in feet and hips and...) it was so fabulous to be moving my body again! I don't feel any ill effects today but don't know if I want to be prudent and give myself a day off or go again, a bit further. I'll be careful to build up gradually.

Made a new bean chili recipe last night that DH and I both liked. I have to admit that I'm no longer much minding coming up with vegetarian and SB friendly meals now that I am building a tasty, easy repertoire.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread